93 Fzj80 turn signal flasher relay? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this is a dumb question but can anyone explain where my flasher relay is? It’s like finding Waldo for me. Tia.

Thanks. I found it pulled relay and put in a aftermarket one from local auto parts store. Emergency lights blinking with signal lights now. Should’ve just got the correct relay but Toyota parts dept was already closed.

Thanks so much for the info! Regular bulbs in the blinkers but led in the backup lights. Also blinkers in my ARB front bumper. Factory relay has “four bulb max” on it. Perhaps I was pushing the relay’s capabilities too much for too long?

How are the lights on the arb bumper wired up and are they led? Do you know what relay you got from the parts store? They may have sold you the wrong one. This stuff can be frustrating.

Regular bulbs in the bumper. Relay purchased was EP35 LED compatible. Obviously the wrong one. Looked like a blinking Xmas tree.

Dang! New flasher relay and still acting up? Clock blinks with right side blinker. Left side driver lights still not working? Guess I’ll take out some bulbs and spray with electric cleaner to see if it makes a difference? Still lost.

Regular bulbs in the bumper. Relay purchased was EP35 LED compatible. Obviously the wrong one. Looked like a blinking Xmas tree.
You want EP36, we include Novita EP36 with all our front bumpers with only one bad one reported to date. Oreillys stock them. Have tested the amazon ones with poor results.

1.jpeg

I'll second the poor results of the chineseium amazon relays.
You can order the "Novita EP36" on amazon, but if you notice in above pic, it says "assembled in USA". The Novita EP36 received from amazon does NOT say that. That was the differentiating factor on our end and anything we tried that doesn't have the "assembled in USA" on it has not done its job.

Yes. Novita bought from oreillys. I pulled the arb bumper lights to see if it helped. It didn’t. Even broke one of my orange bumper lenses. I can’t get a brake on this cruiser?!
Dang, that's rough!

Strange. My clock flashes with the blinkers only when turning right turn signal on.never left. And when E flashers are on clock flashes?

Was this an issue before needing to replace the relay? Sounds like there's some interesting wiring somewhere behind that dash.

When you say the clock flashes, does the display dim or shut off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom