Rubithon 30th Annual - June 19 - 24, 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you two can run trails like Mt Blanca & Holy Cross trails in CO w/o issues, then Rubicon might be up your alley.

Yes, I have factory rear, and an ARB front. As prep for the trip I will be:

- Adding a 1" body lift (already have it)
- Getting 35" tires on 18" rims (picked up a set of Tundra wheels). Going with the 18", to get a skinnier 35"er
- Adding a winch
- Adding Slee body plates

Spares: CV's, Axles, Starter (already have all of these), and will be adding a few other bits in addition to the normal backups I usually carry.

Yes, I have factory rear, and an ARB front. As prep for the trip I will be:

- Adding a 1" body lift (already have it)
- Getting 35" tires on 18" rims (picked up a set of Tundra wheels). Going with the 18", to get a skinnier 35"er
- Adding a winch
- Adding Slee body plates

Spares: CV's, Axles, Starter (already have all of these), and will be adding a few other bits in addition to the normal backups I usually carry.

Daddy likes!!!

hmmm, I promised the wife she can plan the big vacation this year. but this looks like a good one. I MAY be able to get Brock's truck done and mine ready in time, if I can swing it as an extra vacation...famous last words. I've been dying to get back and do that one again. the good thing is, if it's still the same, as an HDC member, and living out of state(Cali), registration should be free.

The new Nitto Trail Grappler 285/75/18's were installed today with the Tundra rims. Next up is a winch in a couple weeks. Most of the maintenance items have been completed.

IMG_20180423_192648.jpg

The new Nitto Trail Grappler 285/75/18's were installed today with the Tundra rims. Next up is a winch in a couple weeks. Most of the maintenance items have been completed.

Is that with or without the body lift?

Is that with or without the body lift?
Without, several people have had these work without the body lift. I noticed its slightly rubbing on the inner fender plastic, which I can adjust. I'll be testing how it handles on turn/compression soon. I may be adding spacers to bump the tires out, as right now they are inside the fender well.

Looks great - keep us posted how it wheels!

Oh man, can’t wait for the pics. Congrats dude!!!

You made it! Can't wait to see the pics and hear your stories!

Holy cow! Nice job getting though that. What was the carnage report? It looks like you had a scuff on the left rocker behind the wheel.

isn't it a fun one! I need to get back for that event again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom