ROTW Rotw Osagecruiser...jakes Fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is a very nice Cruiser !! And I will say mine has also been a great "bonding agent" over the years, first with my daughters and now my grand-daughters. "Can we take the Cruiser?" is a house-hold phrase now. In a moment of weakness I once mentioned selling it and they all ganged up on me"NO WAY!! Thank goodness for that. Anyway, have fun wheelin' and keep the dirty side down:bounce:

wilson...the rear bumper is bolted to the frame...the po welded some additional hell for stout steel to the original bumper and welded on the step...the bumper is definetly strong!...thanks all for your comments...now here are some pic of the truck as it is today...that will change in the next several weeks!
MVC-883S.JPG
MVC-881S.JPG
MVC-880S.JPG

What a great Father and Son project. This is what every Dad should do with his son. I really enjoy seeing rigs like these, done by average joes. It's one of my favorite colors too! Enjoy the rides!!

Beauty!! My son Nate (he's 15) and I are starting the same type of project. Kansas (Topeka) 1972 FJ40 bought in 1976 and now ready for its 4th engine (3rd SBC). You boys have shown us IT CAN BE DONE! 10-Q

center....are you a member of tornado alley cruisers?...we would love to have you guys in the club....we have several members in topeka....great group of guys....let me know if you are interested....

osagecruiser

Great job, i bet you learned a ton. Shoulda went with good ole mustard yellow though:D

great truck/story

Kudos my Man! What great memories you are building with your son.
Not to mention the valuable skills he's getting by working on the truck
with you.
Great looking left arm hanging out the door too. ;)
I dig the shift knob.
Just think if one day your grandson gets the same great experience
with Dad and old Grandpa. Kudos on doing right by your son and teaching
him the value of good old sweat equity. That smile on his face says it all.
He's a lucky boy. :cheers:

I bought the 40 in Topeka but now live in Boise, Idaho. We only get 1 or 2 tornados a year up here, but I love the moniker. Used to fish a lot at Osage County State Lake and Pomona. Come up and cruise some mountains with us sometime.

center...jake and i will be there...how is the fishing up there?...we fish alot of farm ponds....we definetly got to get together and fish...thanks gundy...i knew you would enjoy it!

osagecruiser

That's a great looking cruiser. Now all it needs is a few years of scratches, dings, fender benders, careless abuse, a few irresponsible tickets, and maybe a couple of well placed really inconvienient late night tows (we'll refer to all of this as "Highschool Driving" for short). Then it will be perfect!

I hope I have kids of my own someday so I can do something like this too. Great story, and thanks for sharing.

Lookin' real good. How is the Durabek holding up? Looks kike you sprayed it in? How did that work for you and what type of spray set up did yopu use?

I dig the big gauges in the dash. What did you use to patch the ends of the dash where is was cut?

hugh...yep i sprayed the durabak...used a harbor freight undercoating gun and a gator aid bottle...someone else on this board turned me on to the sprayer set up...i just can't remember who it was....it is holding up well...the only thing i would change if i were doing it again is to spray it on thicker...other than that i am happy...i covered the cut out from the po with a plate i made...the guages are mounted in the plate..

osagecruiser

I like that durabak job as well! We'll be following your lead. Fishin' here in Idaho is OK. We only get 12" a year of rain so its pretty dry. Smallmouth is my preferred target in the mighty Snake River. We wade and spincast in late summer and tear 'em up. Hell's Canyon is awesome, lots of serious wheelin' in those mountains!

Great Job! I look forward to building rigs with my kids as they get older. Great bonding experience fishing and working on cars as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom