Rotors and Studs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. It has been a while...my '73 40 series has been sitting for exactly 21 months since the brake rotor snafu depicted below. (I've not been completely indolent, been putting time into my other project truck, a Land Rover with which I'm much more familar).
Coming back to MUD and hope some might help with some much appreciated guidance on brake rotors and studs. In the process of rebuilding my front axle (from which components can not be assumed to be model-year correct...its a Venezuelan truck) I ran into an issue pressing in the studs I bought into the new rotors I got. Something clearly was not fitting (see photos below).
So, can anyone provide recommendations on a source for front rotors and also stud sizes (photo below shows old and new that I have).
I'm ashamed I've neglected the 40 this long for an issue that will likely not take long to rectify, but this issue combined with my bad luck trying to master the knuckle centering tool really put me off the project. Ready to have fun with it again.

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 9.54.33 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 9.54.19 PM.png

We keep the rotors and wheel hub studs in stock…

But first I would verify that actually is a disc brake hub. It may be a +78 drum brake hub which are extremely close in dimension to the disc hub but not machined properly for a rotor to sit. I should have some to compare side by side

The studs that are listed for the later model 40s are 90942-02014 (no idea what the dimensions are)
at least one online vendor, Toyota Parts Deal (I have no experience with these guys)
1689074120667.png

I used this part number search

Matt beat me to it...

Now that I am on desktop and can see better I think I see the recesses and 2nd set of holes for the shorter studs, he may have the 75-80 disc hubs that bolt the rotor to the hub rather then the lugs that press through on +80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom