Rear body seal and bushing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Started the whole body rust replacement. Wow!! Rear sill bushings were gone, hoping someone could tell me how thick they were. Cut up a stall mat to get an idea but I have no clue how thick they were, May have to purchase a kit I suppose. Also you guys that have done this did you have to cut your new panels down to fit? Thanks!

IMG_2679.jpeg

IMG_2678.jpeg

IMG_2677.jpeg

Good on you for saving it. I literally ended up saving tub rails by the time I cut it all out. I can measure tomorrow but I bought a $120 kit for all poly body mounts from Daystsr. Thinking it’s about 1/2”. Lots of options out there. You reminded me I need to up my body thread.

Forgot to answer your second question but I had Reel Steel panels and some were not matched as well as they should have. Particularly the sill and panels curvature. I think part of it though is variance in dimensions from factory as it’s turning out fairly square top to bottom.
Mostly cut slits on inconspicuous areas (bottom) to relax or in rear bend radius as needed.

Last edited:
Well I will get that kit ordered then. Okay, figured I'd have to some cutting, Was worried about cutting too much from the body itself.

Looks like you have the CCOT center support Channel. I had to cut my mounts and redo them to fit it so just a heads up if you do get that kit.

Just remember that the body mounts will compress with the weight of the body and tightening the mounting bolts. I would take this into account before cutting anything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom