Builds Romer's 200 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saw one of those. The ARB receiver bar was in the way. No need to delete

I do remember that now...from when you had a flat above Poughkeepsie a couple Summers ago.

Very cool tent, by the way.
Brad & Lara had the same one in Baja and they seemed super happy with it. I was sleeping in my truck and was a little jealous... I like the tent-window awning and how clean/solid it is when packed.

Looks like it’s got load rails on the tent lid...
Maybe MT could go up there?

Ken,

I initially added 2 Alu-Cab short bars on top the rails of the GEN III, but it wasn't the easiest to get them off when I needed them.

I've since just made some 2" no stretch, loop end straps and 500lb cobra buckles and secure them to the spare. I'm not much help, but there are options atop the GEN III...

Not the best pic, but you can see the 2 short bars on top the Gen 3

Please delete the pics when you need to... Don't want to junk up your thread, but thought these might help a bit.

1573486841896.png

Now they rest here and I've since put 2 100W Panels on the roof.

1573487203706.png

1573487287656.png

Last edited:
Romer, do you feel the need to re-gear or do you just use the “S” mode?
Very nice truck.

Romer, do you feel the need to re-gear or do you just use the “S” mode?
Very nice truck.

I don't feel the need to regear. I have plenty of power. There might be a benefit to regearing, can't tell without the was/now :)

Not sure what you mean by S mode? I leave it in drive except when wheeling or in bad weather. When towing, I put it in 5th gear

Hijack!!! Were you at the Broncos huddle the other day???

Hijack!!! Were you at the Broncos huddle the other day???

I was. It was cool being inside the Broncos facility and being on TV
IMG_4218.jpeg

Ha!!! That's cool! I laughed when I saw you! Said to my son, I know that guy... He's a Land Cruiser guy too!

Not exactly a truck mod

I had gotten an Alu-Cab and the Racor Lift wasnt quite enough to handle it. Works fine for a standard RTT. You can see the CVT RTT I gave daughterofromer in the background

So I researched and found the Auxx-Lift rated to either 400 or 600 lbs. I picked the 400 lb unit. It had mixed reviews, but the poor ones came from people who installed it themselves who had trouble adjusting the two sides so I had it installed

Now with the push of a button I can lower the Alu-Cab to my truck or the floor. I used 4 heavy duty straps for car hauling to attach to the bottom of the rack
IMG_0189.jpg
IMG_0191.jpg
IMG_0192.jpg
IMG_0193.jpg
IMG_0196.jpg

Not exactly a truck mod

I had gotten an Alu-Cab and the Racor Lift wasnt quite enough to handle it. Works fine for a standard RTT. You can see the CVT RTT I gave daughterofromer in the background

So I researched and found the Auxx-Lift rated to either 400 or 600 lbs. I picked the 400 lb unit. It had mixed reviews, but the poor ones came from people who installed it themselves who had trouble adjusting the two sides so I had it installed

Now with the push of a button I can lower the Alu-Cab to my truck or the floor. I used 4 heavy duty straps for car hauling to attach to the bottom of the rack
View attachment 2191470View attachment 2191471View attachment 2191472View attachment 2191473View attachment 2191474

VERY nicely done, Ken.

Not exactly a truck mod

Nice. I was wondering what happened to your RTT. You were behind me leaving the plant yesterday.

I was wondering who that was. I waved and not sure you noticed me :)

Not exactly a truck mod

I wonder if you could adapt the Front Runner quick release brackets to work with your system? That could really make for a slick hook up and go setup. Love it, nice work.

Auxx-Lift

Just picked up a slightly used RTT this weekend. I think I may have to look into that Racor lift for storage!

some updates. Having to actually change a tire with this ARB rear bumper Highlift attachment was a pain. The two bolts holding the inside bracket to the tire mount were hard to get to with very little movement of the wrench due to access. It took me almost 10 minutes to take tire off and most of it was due to this
t1-jpg.1701621
Romer- is that a Gobi ladder in the rear hatch? I am getting the similar Gamiviti rack and was curious if the roof rack would interfere with the fitment of the Gobi ladder. Thanks.

christian
2016 200 LC

That is a Gobi ladder and it works fine with the Gamiviti rack

Hi Romer, any chance you can snap a photo (side view) of your Gamiviti rack and the Gobi ladder with the tailgate fully lifted up/open? I just installed the Gamiviti rack (similar setup as yours) and wanted to see how much gap you have in between the rack and the Gobi ladder (with tailgate fully lifted open). I just want to make sure that there's enough room and to figure out how much I may need to move the rack forward if any... Thanks~ christian

IMG_4568.jpg
IMG_4599.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom