Road to Recovery: Strawberry Milkshake Clean-Up Help ( 100 Series, I know right?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

I am going to be doing a larger post with my entire situation surrounding the unfortunate circumstances ( quick hint: Denso radiator from Amazon fulfilled by Parts Geek) that led to the thing you never ever want to see:

Strawberry Milkshake.jpg

Long story short, I have done a few things to get past this, swap a transmission ( thanks to the camaraderie and help of this forum in sourcing AND installing), flush the transmission cooler lines, buy a new transmission air cooler, flush all metal hard lines, new rubber A/T hoses, new radiator ( the other 'new' denso that caused all of this was trash and will outline with pics in my next post later today).

Here is where I need your help/ advice the most:

I have no idea the best way to flush my engine block of the remaining "strawberry pepto bismol" type crap that got sucked in with the radiator.

Does anyone have the best steps for me to clean out this stuff from my motor BEFORE hooking up a new radiator ?? ( I bought a CSF, wish me luck)

This is my final step and really could use the advice to ensure I get it done right.
I really appreciate your help and your support as I come back from this disaster. Many kudos to all of you that took the time to read this and help on my journey to recovery.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BEG
Remove the thermostat, remove the bottom radiator hose from the radiator end and put a big bucket there, then take a garden hose and stick it in the upper radiator hose and just keep it there until it comes out clear.

Last edited:
Remove the thermostat, remove the bottom radiator hose from the radiator end and put a big bucket there, then take a garden hose and stick it in the upper radiator hose and just keep it there until it comes out clear.

Awesome, I will do just that.

Should that get to the heater core as well? Any advice on the Heater T's and hoses? I just did those right before this situation, but I am wondering if it will impact it at all...

Pull the lines going to the heater core and flush them, then back flush them.

As for your recently installed heater T's and hoses, If it were mine I'd pull everything apart and clean them.

Pull the lines going to the heater core and flush them, then back flush them.

As for your recently installed heater T's and hoses, If it were mine I'd pull everything apart and clean them.

Cool - I will definitely do that then!

Should I bring out the pressure washer or should a garden hose work all the same?

-Ernest

Please someone correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t you have to keep the hose pressure very low, especially when backflushing?

Slightly dated reply, but usually you would want to stick with plain garden hose pressure - the cooling system on most cars is usually pressurized to around 14 psi so you probably don't want to go above that.

Definitely not a pressure washer job.

Slightly dated reply, but usually you would want to stick with plain garden hose pressure - the cooling system on most cars is usually pressurized to around 14 psi so you probably don't want to go above that.

Definitely not a pressure washer job.

City water out of your garden hose is usually 40 psi, something to keep in mind as well.

City water out of your garden hose is usually 40 psi, something to keep in mind as well.

Agreed - you don't want to seal it to the cooling system but just spray it in/let it flow naturally. Around here we get about 60 PSI and that'll break things in your cooling system if you try and apply that full pressure to the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom