retro front end for 100 series - round headlights (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Saw this yesterday. I am really interested in switching to the round headlights even if everything else stays the same. I would run the round led lights and leave everything else the same. Sombrero grill is fine unless the Toyota written out grill could be sourced. Does anyone out there have details on where to source the round headlight surrounds? I went to the flexdream site and found everything 60 site but my search skills are lacking. Thank you for any information.

11112566_856094557800842_8097300590486414239_n.jpg

Last edited:
Those guys were over on the 80's section. The consensus was still out on if they are even legit. Some folks thought they were photoshoped images due to the similarities in angles and lighting from one picture to the next. I personally have no idea and thought they looked cool non the less.

I prefer the look. Also, something different.

The kit is called Runkle 100 rounding retrofit.

This is a better picture.

Does anyone have contacts in Japan? This kit does not look as involved. The headlight surrounds with a black lower spec grill. I don't even care if it says TOYOTA or not.

landcruiser100-round_headlight-custom_democar-classic.jpg

Last edited:
Love the look!

Me too.

The kit is called Runkle 100 rounding retrofit
Maybe my google-fu is weak, but I can't find anything about it online - links?

ETA: just looked around this links above...

You have to look around links above and select Runkle 100 , then that page has the picture I posted. No other way to click through. I submitted a contact me. We shall see.

You have to look around links above and select Runkle 100 , then that page has the picture I posted. No other way to click through. I submitted a contact me. We shall see.
Cool, definitely keep us posted!

Contact Dave at japan4x4.com

If the parts are available for retail sale, he can procure it for you.

I really expected to not like this... damn it. This is actually damn cool. Probably 'shopped - look at the overlap at the driver side turn/marker light. Still cool.

11112566_856094557800842_8097300590486414239_n-jpg.1057696

I've seen the ones for the 80s and they really look sweet!

I am interested in the rear mounted spare carrier! Probably won't work with our uzj100s...

I am interested in the rear mounted spare carrier! Probably won't work with our uzj100s...
You'd need a new hatch and tailgate, plus I believe there's extra bracing in that D pillar... I'd love one too, but a bumper mounted option is just more feasible for a UZJ100 that didn't get a rear tire carrier from the factory.

I figured it wouldn't even be worth it! Can fit a 285 underneath the truck. Would be nice to have two eventually if one gets into more extreme trails

Hey guys,

Saw this yesterday. I am really interested in switching to the round headlights even if everything else stays the same. I would run the round led lights and leave everything else the same. Sombrero grill is fine unless the Toyota written out grill could be sourced. Does anyone out there have details on where to source the round headlight surrounds? I went to the flexdream site and found everything 60 site but my search skills are lacking. Thank you for any information.

When I read the title in the main forum list I was reluctant to click on it to see the pics....

(What has been seen, cannot be unseen!) :)

It actually DOES look pretty fun and cool... the grille by itself would be odd, you really need the other "retro" touches like the wheels and hubcaps to pull it off completely though.

Is that a factory Toyota hubcap? I'm sure it would be pretty easy to source a steel wheel with the right bolt pattern and offset for this application, but it's anyone's guess what sort of fastening system would be needed to retain the caps.

-G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom