Redneck Enginuitive Belly Pan finished!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you sure you don’t want to go with slotted holes like the stock cross member to account for a little +/- tolerance in the frame?

Put me down for one

Neat. The 80 crowd I'm sure is ok with premium materials - any thoughts to using AR400 or something similar for the main skid?

If they are good with paying for the required pre and post heat treatment to keep the welds from cracking....AR400 and 500 are a quench and tempered steel. They need special welding processes or they will cause more damage than prevent. I'm game, but the price with be in the 750-850.00 mark.

Any idea if this will work with a 4L80 trans?

Running the OE crossmember in mine now but had to slot the holes so that the mount could slid back about a half inch. The crossmember part should work as long as it can be slotted. Just wondering if the trans skid is angled up too far and may hit the pan of the 4l80. If you need a guinea pig let me know as I’m sure there is a market for those that are running engine swaps.

Running the OE crossmember in mine now but had to slot the holes so that the mount could slid back about a half inch. The crossmember part should work as long as it can be slotted. Just wondering if the trans skid is angled up too far and may hit the pan of the 4l80. If you need a guinea pig let me know as I’m sure there is a market for those that are running engine swaps.

Once I get the standard offering finalized I'll touch base.

J

I’m in the market as well and this is my first choice but I can’t wait too long without some protection. Is there a waiting list or an estimated production date?

Put me down for one

Hey guys. Please PM me if you are interested. I may not comb back through this thread and might miss someone. PMs are the easiest for me to follow and keep tabs on.

J

If they are good with paying for the required pre and post heat treatment to keep the welds from cracking....AR400 and 500 are a quench and tempered steel. They need special welding processes or they will cause more damage than prevent. I'm game, but the price with be in the 750-850.00 mark.
I won’t be bashing mine terribly bad so the regular plate will be fine for me.

My machinist brought over the first crossmember to review. Everything is spot on. Should have all the crossmembers by Monday.

J

IMG_20180215_135012384.jpg
IMG_20180215_134944246.jpg
IMG_20180215_134949431.jpg

Nice job Jason

Any updates?

Plates are dialed in. The one pictured is not the finished product. Still need to add the gussets on the plates. These will be bent into the main plate instead of welding them in.

Fit up on a 92 and a 97.

I was going to cut the plates today but the plate my supplier sent me was A36. Didn't notice until I flipped the sheet over to load on the table. I'll call tomorrow and get the stronger material coming.

J

IMG_20180225_113135276.jpg
IMG_20180225_113209484.jpg
IMG_20180225_110426635.jpg
IMG_20180225_110327688.jpg

IMG_20180225_113147837.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom