Recommended permanently installed Vacuum Gage for FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I meant from a "keeping the gas from entering vacuum system" standpoint
Like @Pighead days - did you put a vacuum gauge on it and get any reading at all? Use some adapters and connect the gauge to the brake booster or AC idle up vacuum source that’s screwed into the back of the manifold closer to the firewall. Compare results. Or pull it off and inspect the screen inside. Shoot brake cleaner through it compressed air to see if it goes all the way through. Or for $40 get some peace of mind and just buy a new one to know your vacuum system is healthy at the start of the entire system 🤷‍♂️

I meant from a "keeping the gas from entering vacuum system" standpoint
I plumbed my vacuum gauge line straight into the intake manifold, no "filter". Not sure how gas would move against the vacuum

I plumbed my vacuum gauge line straight into the intake manifold, no "filter". Not sure how gas would move against the vacuum
Drilled and tapped a hole and screwed in a barbed fitting?

Drilled and tapped a hole and screwed in a barbed fitting?
Used an existing hole...

20230423_160156.jpg

I have one plumbed into the EGR connection on the intake manifold. No filter and no problem with it after 16-17 years.

I'm using an Autometer Z series gauge with copper tubing . Quite using the nylon tubing because it may become brittle and break, not such a concern with a vacuum gauge but with a mechanical oil pressure gauge could be a real problem.

@ToyotaMatt you showed me that Yazaki vac gauge a while back. That is INCREDIBLY sexy.

I saw Matt's Yazaki Vacuum gauges on previous posts and it actually motivated me to find one on Facebook Marketplace in the U.K. of all places. Eventually convinced the guy to ship it to me. I didn't like the style of the others on the market, and didn't need precise accuracy, more just a general idea of what the engine was doing. I already have a temperature gauge next to the A/C, so I found a pod on Amazon and trimmed it to kind of fit as an A-pillar pod. Hoping for a better long term solution.

For the FJ62 people, I highlighted in green the route I took, I added a T-fitting ($2 at auto zone circled in blue) and refashioned some of the silicone tubing I already had. It runs directly through the firewall to the gauge right there.

The gauge has definitely helped me be more conscious of my driving habits to maximize MPG.

IMG_1381.jpeg

IMG_1382.jpeg

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

Wondering where I can get a fitting like this, was gunna call Oreilly’s but wouldn’t know how to describe such a thing. An abomination and maybe cheaper than Toyotas part. @CruiserTrash I already put in my Toyota order or would have considered the one nipple gas filter.

Working for the banana,
Dan

both F.D and YAZAKI are made in japan ....

@ChaserFJ60 makes a FJ62 pod and he made my dreams there realized

View attachment 3539715View attachment 3539716View attachment 3539722View attachment 3539718View attachment 3539721
I'd love to get my hands on a Yazaki. The "cool factor" is second to the fact that I just like the aesthetic of it and the fact that it indicates in-Hg as opposed to cm-Hg.

@Tiamat what pod are you using on your A pillar? It looks much cleaner than some of the other solutions I've seen used (my own included).

I saw Matt's Yazaki Vacuum gauges on previous posts and it actually motivated me to find one on Facebook Marketplace in the U.K. of all places. Eventually convinced the guy to ship it to me. I didn't like the style of the others on the market, and didn't need precise accuracy, more just a general idea of what the engine was doing. I already have a temperature gauge next to the A/C, so I found a pod on Amazon and trimmed it to kind of fit as an A-pillar pod. Hoping for a better long term solution.

For the FJ62 people, I highlighted in green the route I took, I added a T-fitting ($2 at auto zone circled in blue) and refashioned some of the silicone tubing I already had. It runs directly through the firewall to the gauge right there.

The gauge has definitely helped me be more conscious of my driving habits to maximize MPG.

View attachment 3540232

View attachment 3540233

View attachment 3540234

View attachment 3540235
\

OMG !

i have a OEM YAZAKI fellow Kindred-TACH
MUD BUDDY now !

i now no longer alone ,.... :) :wrench: :wrench: :wrench:

2fd2455abc243d122832735082ecdb55.jpg.png

yazaki GIF rotate final .gif

I'd love to get my hands on a Yazaki. The "cool factor" is second to the fact that I just like the aesthetic of it and the fact that it indicates in-Hg as opposed to cm-Hg.

@Tiamat what pod are you using on your A pillar? It looks much cleaner than some of the other solutions I've seen used (my own included).

View attachment 3540232

View attachment 3540233

View attachment 3540234

View attachment 3540235

@ChaserFJ60 makes the 52mm one i have for the DELETE blank on USA and CANADA spec. FJ62 's

- his work makes TEq-PIPE-DREAMS happen , mine included ! :cool:

- see below , i offer OEM TOYOTA JAPAC Spec.; 3mm and 4MM Vacuum Y / T splitters and lIFETIME Service Parts 3mm caps , 4mm and 5mm ones too

- SOON ,
i WILL have the longest OEM TOYOTA 3mm oem vaccum hose section availble , its LONGET then anything ever posted on MUD , it a fair cost for a section taller then the 1st story of my shop !

soon ... :cool:

- @Beehanger , please share your thoughts on the Y / T splitter and caps i have mailed you thus far

thanks

-

1706208634756.png

1706208661694.png
1706208675538.png
1706208649722.png

4mm bigger one below ...fyu

1706208690311.png

on-topic :

NOTE tech video below:
SUPER HILUX sports a BOSCH modern one advance auto , its face is BACK LIT / transparent ,

- i tried it out , its getting replaced with the black back lit version day one soon ,

- this auto-meter POD , can be HAND-SHAPED using a hair dryer , all can , i used home - depot enamel plastic DTP , i used pop rivets because that is SNOW VERSION grade mounting , heavy duty tough as nails

- @Spook50 , is 1 of my three all things 3F-E OARICALS in my TOYOTA-Life-Style , so is @cruisermatt , i am still learning the finer points 3F-E they are both the GLOBAL Experts on , in my TOYOTA little meme world ....

- it's nice to have 2 experts , not merely one ,

last , the 3F-E current rendering , this is a GROUP effort , and a NON-4-Profit venture , soon i will have a STACK , anyone with a 3F-E can ask for 1 and shall receive , please PM me , i will have a roll of stamps too !

THIS WILL BE THE WAY .,....

NOTE - this un-edited FULL SWEEP 52mm Vacuum gauge reads through my entire shoot from the hip , seeing what SUPER HILUX got's 2UZ-FE ....

- NEVER get a VAC / Boost combo , there STUPID ! , always a FULL SWEEP , SUMMIT Racing has the most diverse line - up , although NO made in JAPAN ones as usual , ,,,,

- the UK i have founds ALL my HORDES of 52mm VARIOUS YAZAKI gauges :cool::wrench::wrench::wrench:

ill share later , the KEY POINT is ALL WILL Communicate Electrically with out LAND CRUISER electrical senders on the Engines .....

that's so F'ing HUGE !

note : below is 100% un-edited , @cruisermatt hand crafted me TIG WELDED post Stainless Steel B pipe install , initial what she's got scotty run , 2UZ-FE's have a resonator on the system , not having one , well you will see .......

- He is super skill-savoy for
ANY TIG and specialty thing like this , A+ work , hands down ! 😇

2FFFD7A2-0C1E-4D0F-A774-7B938803144B (2) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copycurrent - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

That’s the Amazon link. I took some tin snips to it along with a heat gun to try and mold it as much into position as possible, and then painted it with the Dark Grey SEM color everyone uses on here for the center console and other stuff.

It doesn’t look too bad, but I would love one designed just for that area. Even the older ones I saw that used to be for sale weren’t “OEM“ type fits I’d desire. I’ve thought about getting a 3d scanner or some clay to mold one out, but I wouldn’t even know where to begin.

That’s the Amazon link. I took some tin snips to it along with a heat gun to try and mold it as much into position as possible, and then painted it with the Dark Grey SEM color everyone uses on here for the center console and other stuff.

It doesn’t look too bad, but I would love one designed just for that area. Even the older ones I saw that used to be for sale weren’t “OEM“ type fits I’d desire. I’ve thought about getting a 3d scanner or some clay to mold one out, but I wouldn’t even know where to begin.

did this one say i can be molded to low heat ?

AUTO METER ones are super hich quality

they have 3 generic ones

i used a 80 series one in SUPER HILIX

can anyone say if the SMITHS is A JAPAN F.D re-box ?

the CHROME bezzle is so 40 and 55 series timeless ...

1706221670905.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom