recall coming (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This timing is awful. I've been talking up Toyota reliability and trying to convince my wife how solid these trucks are. But she's a little reluctant to believe me after my 80 blew a head gasket in Utah, leaving us stranded for 2 weeks and then the same 80 had a loose battery terminal that kept causing intermittent start issues, which gave us a bit of a scare in BFE Colorado. Then I convince her that I need to just move up to a 200 because it's more comfortable, newer, fewer worn parts, etc. Now, exactly 1 week after taking ownership of a 2014, I have to tell her she can't ride in the front seat with me because of a massive recall.

FML. C'mon, TOYOTA! You're killin' me here man!

Let her drive

This timing is awful. I've been talking up Toyota reliability and trying to convince my wife how solid these trucks are. But she's a little reluctant to believe me after my 80 blew a head gasket in Utah, leaving us stranded for 2 weeks and then the same 80 had a loose battery terminal that kept causing intermittent start issues, which gave us a bit of a scare in BFE Colorado. Then I convince her that I need to just move up to a 200 because it's more comfortable, newer, fewer worn parts, etc. Now, exactly 1 week after taking ownership of a 2014, I have to tell her she can't ride in the front seat with me because of a massive recall.

FML. C'mon, TOYOTA! You're killin' me here man!

Ahh, cmon, it was only 25 years ago that all Land Cruisers had seatbelts but no airbags. She can still ride in the front. Hell, sometimes airbags CAUSE an injury. Just dont tell her until you get it fixed.

For once my procrastination pays off. ;) Dash lights have been on for a couple months now.

You took the words out of my mouth.

I love what you do for meeeee.......TOYOTA!!!!

From the second to last document:

Q8: What if I previously paid for repairs related to this Safety Recall?
A8: Reimbursement consideration instructions will be provided in the owner letter

Just received in today's mail....

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 2.10.12 PM.png

From the second to last document:

Q8: What if I previously paid for repairs related to this Safety Recall?
A8: Reimbursement consideration instructions will be provided in the owner letter

Awesome! I paid the damn stealership $500 to fix the passenger side seatbelt at the end of 2017. I hope they refund that or at least give me a credit at the dealership.

Next up.....the radiator recall please!!!

Just received in today's mail....

View attachment 1911020

I received my letter today as well. For my 2013 LC200 they state the fix will be the replacement of the front passenger seat belt assembly with a completely new unit. Of course, those parts are not currently available, but they will send me another letter when they are available.

HTH

I just received the recall letter for my 2013 today as well.

I posted elsewhere but got mine fixed yesterday. They just taped a wire so it didnt come in contact with another wire or metal. No replacement parts.

Also got my recall notice in the mail for my 09 LX today, just a "pre notice." We'll be getting another letter via first class mail to let us know to schedule the repair.

Just checked the mailbox and I got one from Lexus today as well. Strange - I was just at the dealer yesterday and they did a check to see if there were any open recalls, and said there were none.

Got my letter today. Says they will contact me soon when remedy is available

Well this is welcome news, I was just researching part #’s to fix this myself

I just ran across this tonight, I got my recall notice in the mail. Of course no solution available yet but mine is only 7 months old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom