Ironman 4x4 Forged Upper Control Arm Ball Joints *RECALL* (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm still waiting on my replacement UCAs. I submitted the online form on 9/6 after I received a letter informing me of the recall. I still haven't heard anything.
I'm wondering if I should submit the form again or if I should just keep waiting for parts to randomly show up.
Still waiting on mine as well.

I received a Fedex notification yesterday as well.

Got my replacement UCAs installed yesterday. Shop charged me for 2 hours labor and alignment. Ball joints were definitely pretty worn out after less than a year. Hopefully the KYB ball joints installed in the new arms are more robust and will last longer. I submitted my receipt to Ironman. Has anyone gotten reimbursed yet?

Still don't have my replacements.

Just An FYI. I did receive my reimbursement check for the full amount of the install and alignment this week. I would say overall it was a good experience with Ironman. I just hope the new ball joints last a long longer.

yup me too.

I used RPM in Monrovia here in CA and they were very familiar with the process
swapped and aligment included

and they said I'd get a prepaid check card, but I got a check about 2-3 weeks after submitting the proof of exchange

yup me too.

I used RPM in Monrovia here in CA and they were very familiar with the process
swapped and aligment included

and they said I'd get a prepaid check card, but I got a check about 2-3 weeks after submitting the proof of exchange
Oh wow my check took almost 3 months to get!

For people who've done this: how much did your mechanic charge? Any hassle getting Ironman to pay the full amount? They say "approximately 3 hours (2hours + alignment) with an average rate of $150 per hour" in the FAQ but I think that sounds a little fast to get this done.

For people who've done this: how much did your mechanic charge? Any hassle getting Ironman to pay the full amount? They say "approximately 3 hours (2hours + alignment) with an average rate of $150 per hour" in the FAQ but I think that sounds a little fast to get this done.
I was charged for 2 hours labor at $120.00 per hour and $139.00 for an alignment plus tax. I was reimbursed for the full amount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom