Ironman 4x4 Forged Upper Control Arm Ball Joints *RECALL* (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
I've had Pro Forge Upper Control Arms in my 200 Series for about 18 months. One of the ball joints seems to be a bit "loose". The castle nut is tight, and the split pin position is fine, but it makes a little clunk when turning hard right, and I can feel the looseness in the wheel when the front end is off the ground. There are no leaks or tears as far as I can see, so I'm not worried about it at the moment, but wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue, and what the remedy was.

1693314991393.png

Thanks!
Jay

P.S.- In the installation instructions, Ironman does not specify a torque setting for the ball joint nut. It just says to not over-tighten and make sure the split pin can be inserted.

Last edited:
There’s a recall for them in Australia. Not sure what’s going on with US distributed parts.

There’s a recall for them in Australia. Not sure what’s going on with US distributed parts.

Thanks for the info!!! Much appreciated. I'll reach out to Ironman 4x4 USA.

Have been waiting for them to go back in stock on their site for about a month... this explains that.

Returned my SPC UCAs. I guess the only other option in this range right now is ARB OME?

Is there an ID/serial number listed for the Upper Ball Joints on the UCAs that Ironman has Recalled?

My Nitro Gear UCAs purchased in 2019 used an Upper Ball Joint that fell into a series/product ID# that was recalled. Couldn't get a straight answer out of NitroGear about this as the recall was only issued in Austratia. I really like their UCA's and rather then mess with pressing in new UBJs I picked up another set when they were onsale for around $300. These used newer UBJs that were not impacted by that recall.

Interested in hearing from Ironman on this as I have UCAs from them. @Ironman4x4Bubba

I have their UCA on my truck, don't seem to be having any issues but contacted Ironman via the email address on the website. Will update if I get a response.

I just got a response from Ironman regarding the ball joint recall and it sounds like they are sending out new UCAs. They say mine will ship in 30-60 days so I suppose I’ll find out then.

I have a set I haven't installed yet. Are they going to make an announcement or do we need to reach out to them?

found more info on this topic.

Population:
Number of potentially involved : 6,345
Estimated percentage with defect : 100 %

Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23E-051

Remedy
Dealers will replace the ball joint, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed August 24, 2023. Owners may contact Ironman customer service at 1-855-476-5714 or email at recallus@ironman4x4.com.

How do I determine if my vehicle is affected?​

All Ironman 4x4 Pro Forge Upper Control Arms are affected by this ball joint recall. All affected consumers will receive a letter from Ironman4x4 notifying them of the recall and outlining the process for replacing the upper control arms containing the new ball joints. Additionally, consumers can go to www.ironman4x4america.com/recall to fill out a short form to begin the process for securing a replacement upper control arm.

Brand / Trade 1 : Ironman 4x4
Model : Pro Forge
Part No. : UCA001FA, UCA001FAJ+

Size : NR
Function : NR

Descriptive Information : Certain Ironman 4x4 Pro Forge upper control arms with a certain supplier’s ball
joint offered for sale as an aftermarket component.
How population determined: The recall population has been determined based
on a review of production records against sales data.
How recall population differs from population not in the recall: Ironman 4x4 Pro
Forge upper control arms equipped with a ball joint from another supplier have
not exhibited the failure mode.

All Part #'s impacted:
UCA001FA, UCA001FAJ, UCA001FA-K500018, UCA001FAT,UCA001FAT-K80811,
UCA001FAX,UCA048FA, UCA048FA-P, UCA048FA-X, UCA054FAS, UCA056FA,
UCA073FA, UCA075FA, UCA075FA-DT

Production Dates : JAN 01, 2019 - JUN 27, 2023

Last edited:
I sent an email to the address on the site on 8/31 and have not gotten any response. Wondering what my next step might be?

I sent an email to the address on the site on 8/31 and have not gotten any response. Wondering what my next step might be?
Look a couple posts up, the vendor is providing a recall link to fill out your claim.

I got a letter in the mail yesterday regarding the recall. I filled out the online form. Replacements UCAs should ship out in October.
Please go to the e-mail I have provided below. This is a link to our recall form. If you made your purchase through our website and do not have your order number or part number. Please shoot me a message and I can get that information for you.
Replacement UCA Ball Joint Request Form | Ironman 4x4 - https://ironman4x4america.com/recall/

Thank you
Bubba

The day after the last time I posted, I went to the site that Bubba posted and filled out the form. I haven't received any contact since then either. When I purchased my truck, it had the Ironman lift and UCA already installed by the previous owner - I don't know when or what vendor they were purchased from but the part numbers stamped on them are ones that are named in the recall. @Ironman4x4Bubba any advice?

The day after the last time I posted, I went to the site that Bubba posted and filled out the form. I haven't received any contact since then either. When I purchased my truck, it had the Ironman lift and UCA already installed by the previous owner - I don't know when or what vendor they were purchased from but the part numbers stamped on them are ones that are named in the recall. @Ironman4x4Bubba any advice?
I'm in the exact situation. Assume they'll reach out eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom