Ironman 4x4 Forged Upper Control Arm Ball Joints *RECALL* (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The day after the last time I posted, I went to the site that Bubba posted and filled out the form. I haven't received any contact since then either. When I purchased my truck, it had the Ironman lift and UCA already installed by the previous owner - I don't know when or what vendor they were purchased from but the part numbers stamped on them are ones that are named in the recall. @Ironman4x4Bubba any advice?
We are still replacing them. Can you e-mail me your first and last name and I will look to see if you are on the list

hmmm I had a noticeable mechanical click when I'm at full lock and when I am reversing or 3 point turning, when I stop to change direction I would hear the click....just in that specific scenario.

also I had what feels like a brake shudder that was intermittent....wonder if these things are all related.....

I got the letter and I just registered online...

What address do we email?

hmmm I had a noticeable mechanical click when I'm at full lock and when I am reversing or 3 point turning, when I stop to change direction I would hear the click....just in that specific scenario.

also I had what feels like a brake shudder that was intermittent....wonder if these things are all related.....

I got the letter and I just registered online...
If you are concerned and want to clarify there is something wrong. Please take to a certified mechanic to have looked at.

My replacements were delivered to me on Tuesday (9/26/23).

You can email Ironman 4x4 at

recall@ironman4x4.com

You can also contact Ironman customer service at 1-855-476-5714.

Thanks, Google AI response!
I emailed that address over a month ago with no response and after posting about it in this thread, was pointed to the site to submit the form, which I also did. I’m really not trying to be difficult as I appreciate that Ironman is doing this, but it seems that I bought a truck with faulty parts and I’m just trying to get that resolved and trying to make sure I am in the queue to be contacted.

@ApexRex maybe try calling?

My LC made an unnerving metallic thud today, and it made me think of the recall and this thread. Like you, I've completed the recall form, but I'm struggling to find a responsible from them.

One can only imagine the cluster fok a recall like this would generate for a small company, and I really appreciate them standing behind their products.

Thankfully, I typically drive ~50 miles per week, so I'm not too stressed about the situation.

@ApexRex maybe try calling?

My LC made an unnerving metallic thud today, and it made me think of the recall and this thread. Like you, I've completed the recall form, but I'm struggling to find a responsible from them.

One can only imagine the cluster fok a recall like this would generate for a small company, and I really appreciate them standing behind their products.

Thankfully, I typically drive ~50 miles per week, so I'm not too stressed about the situation.
I'm just guessing here, but I think the company itself has grown at a much faster pace than its staff capacity. What I mean by that, as an example, I've personally sent 3 messages via their chat system (after hours) and none were responded back.. that was weeks ago.

Wanted to report a positive experience on this recall…
while not a 200, the recall includes other models including my GX470.
I filled out the form, called once to check on it (left a message) and they called back promptly.
They discussed my options, I chose to have them do the Install and alignment, as I’m local to them.
Took about 4 hours today, everything is buttoned up, truck is aligned perfectly.
Very professional, and I really appreciate the attention they are paying this matter.
And the new Moog ball joints with greasable zircs are very nice.
Good luck to all…they very much want to make this right with everyone, and are not dodging any responsibility.

I got a letter sent to me, filled out an online form prior to that and still no responses.

Their adjustable panhard has rusted to s*** in less than a year as well.
Im sooooooooooooooo tired of junk.

I apologize to both the forum, and my truck for modifying it. This is the (arguably first), and last vehicle i will ever modify.
So ****ing over it.

Has there been any mention of covering the cost of installation? I am not local to them and having to have them replaced is gonna cost me time and labor....

I emailed that address over a month ago with no response and after posting about it in this thread, was pointed to the site to submit the form, which I also did. I’m really not trying to be difficult as I appreciate that Ironman is doing this, but it seems that I bought a truck with faulty parts and I’m just trying to get that resolved and trying to make sure I am in the queue to be contacted.
Can you PM me with your information and I can look up and confirm that you are on the recall list?

If anyone has any questions about the recall you can PM me here on MUD or you can reach out to Infous@ironman4x4.com Add ATTENTION BUBBA and I will try and reply to you as efficiently as I can.

I also thank you all for being patient with us. And we really do appreciate your business

@Ironman4x4Bubba I just submitted the reimbursement form on the Ironman website. I had a local Toyota 4x4 shop perform the install/alignment and it came out to approximately $580. How will IM be sending the reimbursement (check in mail, prepaid debit card, etc.) and how long are you anticipating the reimbursement to take? Also, I originally installed the lift and UCAs myself, but the instructions for reimbursement required a mechanic to perform the install. The shop I used was one of the few I trust locally and they could not do it for $450. Will IM reimburse the additional amount? Thank you.

I'm still waiting on my replacement UCAs. I submitted the online form on 9/6 after I received a letter informing me of the recall. I still haven't heard anything.
I'm wondering if I should submit the form again or if I should just keep waiting for parts to randomly show up.

I'm still waiting on my replacement UCAs. I submitted the online form on 9/6 after I received a letter informing me of the recall. I still haven't heard anything.
I'm wondering if I should submit the form again or if I should just keep waiting for parts to randomly show up.
I was told that they were out of stock and it would be sometime in November before more would be coming in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom