recall coming (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh I’m truly excited about this!

All safety aside, the previous owners of my 200 were dirty and stained the seat belts. New tensioner means new seat belt straps. The last thing dirty in my truck will be replaced now.

Last edited:
all new belts would be sweet!. Now if they can just recall the drivers seat and the interior wood pieces I'll be set.

Very interesting. I've been thinking about getting a used A7 for a daily driver, and one of the things stopping me is an incredibly similar recall on the passenger side airbag sensor that's been in effect since June. I think they are just now are finally starting to release the fix which has caused some strange sales stuff in the secondary market.

This is slow coming to the front of the list

Nothing to worry. Be happy there is a proper company behind this to fix it. I would more worry if it is more mechanical problem related to engine, transmission, etc....

I just got a airbag light last month. It went away and then came back on a couple of times. Currently off now. It was related to the passenger seat. Was about to buy the part (over $300 bucks) and fix it myself. Glad to hear Mr. T will be fixing this for free.

My ‘08 has the light lit up. It must be a part of the recall. Yahoo!

Why do they say there’s no remedy in place at this time if some of you have paid and had yours fixed? Sounds like they’re looking for a remedy that does not involve replacing the seat belt which is expensive maybe a different sensor?

It could be the existing part still has a design flaw and may eventually fail. In which case those of us who have already had it replaced may need to have it replaced again with the redesigned part. Or it could be something different entirely.

My LC had the seatbelts replaced by a previous owner way back when it was under warranty. I think a dash light prompts the repair, but the new part would likely still have the defect that could lead to the problem reoccurring.

Crossing my fingers for new seatbelts!

I believe the recall states that it's only the front passenger side that is affected which is inline with what has been failing. If you are hoping for new driver side seat belts you're probably out of luck as far as this recall.

Here is the text of the recall:

Dec 13,2018
Manufacturer Recall NumberJ15
NHTSA Recall NumberAWAITING#
Recall StatusRecall Incomplete, remedy not yet available
SummaryThe front passenger occupant classification system has a seatbelt tension sensor that could malfunction over time and could cause the airbag warning light and the passenger airbag "OFF" indicator to illuminate. In addition, the front passenger airbag, knee airbag, and the passenger seat-mounted side airbag may be deactivated.

Safety RiskIf these airbags are deactivated, there is an increased risk of injury to the occupant in the event of a crash.

RemedyToyota is currently developing the remedy and will notify owners by mid-February 2019.

Part #73210-60670 (belt and retractor w/precrash tensioner) for front passenger seat only seems to be causing the issue here. Seems there is a fault with this part from the factory and the current replacement part available from Toyota.

Several folks on this site got the airbag light and have replaced that part.

Glad I waited and didn’t buy the part to fix mine. Free at Mr. T is a good thing!

I was at the dealer (NE Houston) this morning and the svc mgr mentioned it to me. Just told me it's out, but as discussed here, no solution put out by Toyota yet. He said there is a stop sale on all LCs on the lot. Or specifically on THE LC on the lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom