rear heater delete question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

atlshaun

GOLD Star
Threads
i have read every thread and my heater is deleted and what not. but as I am putting my truck back together I am looking at what to do with my center console. is there a bracket of some sort for the backside to support where the heater used to be.

i prefer to keep the stock console I have already repainted it and fixed the latch.

if there is not a buyable option I will try to fabricate a solution but wanted to ask first.

I learned something new with your post. The FJ60's rear heater is under the passenger seat, but 62 not. The 60 center console mounts directly to the floor. I wonder if you were to source one or post a want add on MUD classifies I bet you could find a nice fj60 one? There are a few variations between early and late model.

I ended up fabbing a simple rectangular bracket/spacer for the rear mount of my center console when I removed my rear heater. I used some 1" wide and 3/16" thick steel bar: top, bottom, both sides and a center length to stiffen it, welded them up and then drilled holes where the mounting bolts go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom