Rear DVD monitors? What have you done? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.durangomagazine.com
We have our first cross country road trip planned this summer. My son will be 20 months at the time. I wondering what others have done as far as rear DVD monitors. I already have an in-dash Kenwood DVD unit. I want to maintain control of the rear monitor from up front. After all my son is too young to work his own DVD player and as he gets older I want to be able to take it away.

Headrest units look the easiest but will never match my 40th interior without going custom, $$$

Anyone do a flip down unit from the roof that mounts on the sides of the vehicle as the sunroof prevents a solid mount in the middle?

Show me some pics.

We just got a Sony DVD fx950 and used some velco to the headset. Works on battery, ac power, car power, and has video input. Nothing fancy but works well engough.

I have ghetto set-up made up from some particle board which rests between the center console and rear hand rests that holds a standard compact DVD player. Not what your looking for, but a few years ago I did see a local LX for sale that did have an aftermarket DVD player installed in the roof behind the sunroof.

Dual 9" sunvisor monitors :)

cruiserblingLCDvisors.JPG

cruiserblingLCDvisors2.JPG

cruiserblingLCDvisors6.JPG

mybirfjobb1.JPG

FZJ80KEFSUBZ.JPG

Dirt cheap, matches interior, hidden wiring and best of all, does not obstruct rear visibility :cool:

Here's a link to a long install thread:

A/V Bling

Dual 9" sunvisor monitors :)

Dirt cheap, matches interior, hidden wiring and best of all, does not obstruct rear visibility :cool:

Here's a link to a long install thread:

A/V Bling

You lost me at LONG install thread :) I'll stick with slap over the headrest version hehe

They took less than an hour to install :)

The long thread has more to do with other A/V stuff like center channel speakers, surveillance cameras, DVR's and such ;)

I was hoping you'd post up. I remembered seeing your install years ago but could not find it.

They took less than an hour to install :)

The long thread has more to do with other A/V stuff like center channel speakers, surveillance cameras, DVR's and such ;)

Well I actually took the time then to read the thread and saw what the deal was.. either way I am out of cash for that type of stuff currently anyway, need sliders rear bumper first :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom