Rear Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a rear bumper with tire carrier and all the bells and whistles. What does the Mud Brothers suggest? Any pics would also be nice.

Dissent Off Road is currently building a rear bumper for my truck and will available for product shortly afterward. Here is a thread discussing it.

4x4 Labs also makes a great rear bumper.

Do you want an integral receiver hitch? If yes, that will start pairing down the choices quickly.

4x4labs!
1592966425520.png

Another vote for 4x4Labs.

Have you seen the Dobinsons rear in person? I know people love their suspensions, but that rear bumper is just garbage honestly.
welll... I think the Dobinsons rear bumper is a relatively good compromise. In my opinion, paying upwards of 3K or even more !!! for a piece of metal called "bumper" (that will inevitable get rusted) is approaching the definition for insanity, but that's just me... Don't get me wrong, even at $1850 for the Dobinsons one I find it too expensive for what it is but that's pretty much the cheapest option out there that gives you two jerrycans and tire carriers.

welll... I think the Dobinsons rear bumper is a relatively good compromise. In my opinion, paying upwards of 3K or even more !!! for a piece of metal called "bumper" (that will inevitable get rusted) is approaching the definition for insanity, but that's just me... Don't get me wrong, even at $1850 for the Dobinsons one I find it too expensive for what it is but that's pretty much the cheapest option out there that gives you two jerrycans and tire carriers.
I don't disagree that all rear bumpers are expensive for what they are but keep in mind they are all essentially custom made on relatively small scales that require a substantial amount of R&D to get off the ground in the first place. Those costs are much larger than the actual materials used to make the bumpers which is what you seem to be implying. $1,850 is expensive for a rear bumper but is unquestionably on the low end of the price scale for small production, vehicle specific, off road bumpers and you get what you pay for. If you put that thing next to a Slee or even a Labs bumper for that matter the huge jump in quality becomes instantly apparent.

I have looked extensively at rear bumper options and the 4x4 Labs bumper really stands out as my only option. I wanted a tube bumper to match my Metaltech front bumper and OPOR sliders,but the mass manufactured options are total crap. Most of the other, non tube options are just too bulky. 4x4Labs checks all of the boxes. Multiple swing out options, tucks up high and tight, and has a 2"receiver so that I can still tow the boat or adventure trailer. Best of all, it's significantly cheaper if you weld it up yourself. I just bought a welder and I'm honing my skills, once they are good enough, I will order my 4x4 labs bumper and weld it up myself, the best bumper at a great price, plus the pride of looking at it and knowing that I welded it all up.

Consider adding some braces to the rear shell like the metal tech sliders incorporate. Wish Luke would add these. Love my 4x4 labs bumper but bent it on first trip out after beating the snot out of an IPOR for years with no damage. Granted anything can be damaged with enough force.

hmmm 4X4 Labs looks good. Price seems to be in the middle range.

Anybody have one for a few years? Do you get any issues? Rust..etc!

Anybody have one for a few years? Do you get any issues? Rust..etc!
Many of us have ran them for years. I bought and had a friend weld the "kit" version for me. The rust i got was my problem just rattle can'n it in a hurry :hillbilly:

I have have a 4x4 Labs rear bumper since about 2004. It is very good and has held up well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom