Coastal off-road rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_0076.jpeg
IMG_0077.jpeg
Already did a search and come up empty.
I ordered a front and rear bumper from coastal off-road and a couple pieces of the rear bumper don’t match the picture of the inventory. I’ve watched a couple videos and they also don’t match. So I’m wondering if they changed their design of I got the wrong kit. I emailed coastal off-road but haven’t heard a reply yet. The parts are numbers 2,5, and 6.

Yes, they changed it, yes they now form a single wrapped piece instead of three plates that need to be welded together. The company confirmed this when I asked the same question.

The bent piece is a better design that makes proper assembly without jigs more accurate. That piece is the foundation of the assembly.

It is a terrific bumper.

IMG_3190.jpeg

Yes, they changed it, yes they now form a single wrapped piece instead of three plates that need to be welded together. The company confirmed this when I asked the same question.

The bent piece is a better design that makes accurate assembly without jigs more accurate. That piece is the foundation of the assembly.

It is a terrific bumper.
Sweet man ! Thank you so much for the reply !

Welcome. I put mine together in the fall.It was a fun project.

It will hold the weight of the vehicle. This was after riding at a ~40 degree angle on the sliders and bumper in a deep rut.

IMG_3555.jpeg

The bent piece is a better design that makes proper assembly without jigs more accurate. That piece is the foundation of the assembly.

It is a terrific bumper.

View attachment 3524197
anyone know bolt size and pitch for rear cross member at center of bumper?

I seem to recall that they are M12x1.25 (I used 10.9 grade). Only the two top ones have blind nuts, the two bottom ones are just holes, so you'll want a nut/washer/lockwasher, etc. I chased them with a tap before installing since they were a bit crusty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom