Rear bumper options besides Slee (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a little over $1k to spend and I was looking to do a rear bumper with a tire carrier and ladder. the only one i can find is Slee who has set a laughable price on their rear bumper. I thought I remembered MetalTech4x4 had a rear bumper but I don't see it on their website. Is anyone else offering a rear bumper or should I just have a metal fab shop make one and have it painted?

There's a group buy going on now for rear bumpers. Also, @reevesci in the vendors section has some good prices on a nice unit.

Not laughable, about the same as everyone else.
For $1000, your best bet would be a DIY from 4x4labs. Gonna need a welder for that.

I agree it's laughable but the going rate for armor on these 80's is ridiculous to me coming from the Jeep world. On a Heep you can get front bumper, rear bumper with swing out and rock rails for less than just a rear bumper for an 80. Sadly, it is what it is.

there is a group buy for DC FABRICATION

Rockstate, it's the same one.

IPOR or 4x4lab

4x4 labs. I'm biased ;)

I had a Sean Huston rear bumper. It was great, but recently sold it for a DIY 4x4 Labs for clearance reasons. With that budget, 4x4 Labs will be your only option. Bumpers for these trucks aren't cheap.

we are trying to support the cool people on these forums! cost of the DC complete is the same $$$ as a DIY 4x4labs! same $1700 dollars and you still need a welder, gas, and rods and most importantly time to weld it all up...while if you get the DC Fab bumper, it is all done and ready to bolt up...plus the design blows the 4x4labs bumper out of the water!!! just my opinion.

The only thing that 4x4labs has going is that it is a DIY kit and you can build up the bumper at your own pace.....when the dust settles, you will have spent above and beyond $2000.00

we are trying to support the cool people on these forums! cost of the DC complete is the same $$$ as a DIY 4x4labs! same $1700 dollars and you still need a welder, gas, and rods and most importantly time to weld it all up...while if you get the DC Fab bumper, it is all done and ready to bolt up...plus the design blows the 4x4labs bumper out of the water!!! just my opinion.
That is a good price for a full bumper. But the reason most guys go with the 4x4Labs is not cost, but clearance. Heck, I had already spent $2k on my first bumper. 4x4Labs has the most ground clearance and approach angle of any bumper in the market. If you actually wheel your rig you'll quickly realize how these big bloated bumpers become boat anchors in the rocks.

4x4Labs isn't for everyone. You need to know how to weld and you have to cut several inches off the frame. This bumper is as high and tight as you can get without serious modifications to the body

uploadfromtaptalk1418051591519.jpg

VPR 4x4 makes good stuff for the 80. One of the guys I ride with has their front and rear bumper and roof rack.

I agree it's laughable but the going rate for armor on these 80's is ridiculous to me coming from the Jeep world. On a Heep you can get front bumper, rear bumper with swing out and rock rails for less than just a rear bumper for an 80. Sadly, it is what it is.

I've got a little over $1k to spend and I was looking to do a rear bumper with a tire carrier and ladder. the only one i can find is Slee who has set a laughable price on their rear bumper.

If it's so laughable, show us all up and build one.

Then tell us how much you'd sell it for after doing the math.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom