Random chit chat thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Depending on where it is, Acme Trailer Works in New Cumberland can pull the Tommy Gate and install it on another vehicle for you. They've been refurbishing a number of Penske trucks lately - both vans and straight trucks - and might have a line on a replacement for you. Ask for John Lenz (there are three Johns there) and tell him Tom recommended you talk to him.
@Cass007

Thanks guys ... I'm just over this FAIL. Found a scrapper to come get it and another van we had today. I don't even want to mess with it anymore.

Currently sitting in my office and watching two guys on the security cams wrestle with the lift gate now since the truck burned while it was down.
truck.jpg

For those interested in steam locomotives, @brian
Visiting the Strasburg Railroad September till the beginning of November is the Norfolk and Western Class J 4-8-4 No. 611.
Beautiful streamlined steam locomotive built in the Roanoke train shops back in the 50s.
I am not sure if there are tickets still available to ride behind her, I am sure they will add more throughout her time there, still an awesome site to see and hear.
Rummore has it she leaves Virginia tomorrow, unfortunately I won't be able to chase her up (that adulting thing called work) but will have the privilege and pleasure of an in cab experience in October.
Completely random, but I have been following the Facebook page and they just fired her back up this weekend and am excited to see her in Action again since 2017.

Photo by Kipp Teague

So I am a fan of a few different web series car shows and I started with Roadkill from the beginning, so I follow those guys on social media alot. While I'm not much of an go fast in a straight line kind of guy, I thought this was pretty awesome. David Frieburger from Roadkill and Hot Rod magazine shared this photo of a 4Runner at this years drag week that's being held this week. Gears are starting to roll in my head of how I can possibly combine the SC400 and my old 4Runner into a Wheelie 10s monster:

My uncle had a hacksaw along the same lines with an old electric motor. You used to have to show some ingenuity as you didn't have a Harbor Freight or Lowes down the street.

On Sunday I fulfilled a childhood dream. Thanks to my wonderful mother, the folks at Strasburg Railroad, Norfolk Southern, Fire Up 611 and her crew I got to operate one of the most beautiful and one of the most powerful steam locomotives operating on the east coast and I am grinning cheek to cheek. I'm over the moon over to have the chance to operating the throttle, blowing the whistle, and ringing the bell. I got covered in coal dust and steam and wet from the rain but still absolutely over the moon. I am grateful to have been able to share this experience with my wonderful husband who was seated behind me in the jump seat and our friends who took the place of my stepfather who could unfortunately not make it due to family obligations. This experience was spectacular and not close to what I expected it to be like.

On Sunday I fulfilled a childhood dream

Avi, you lucky SOB! Man, that must have been a blast. I can't imagine there are many here who not have loved to be in that position.

Saw this and thought it was interesting that there are Land Cruisers in the background of all the pictures! Anyone know anything more about them?

Yes theres a build thread on the forums here. They are building a 40 series with this. I also asked about crate motor for an 80 series

Last edited:

Hmmm. Another stop on the return leg of my cross country trip!

That thing is cool...the interior, not so much.

Pulled the trigger on a 19 DCSB Trd Sport. Was gonna Buy used but Toyota is cutting great deals on 19s to clear them off the lot. I’m really liking it but the engine is underwhelming.
D4B3D34B-675A-4B40-BCEB-FDDA454BEE2B.jpeg

Pulled the trigger on a 19 DCSB Trd Sport. Was gonna Buy used but Toyota is cutting great deals on 19s to clear them off the lot. I’m really liking it but the engine is underwhelming. View attachment 2128932

Awesome buy! Did you go with a Manual or Automatic? I have driven both but only a short distance but I feel the manual version of the truck really utilizes the horsepower the engine does produce verse the automatic.

Auto. Traffic around the main line sucks during the commute. I drove a stick for a while and got tired of it. It was worth it in the 40 to drive a 40. Also to get the best deal I was grabbing a 19 on the lot and no manuals to even test drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom