Random chit chat thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

46076541_10158399513898849_3193398061061636096_n.jpg
Rodney Merritts

^^^ More people need to see this ... that is just awesome on every level.

Telephone pole 1
Highlander 0

I told my wife if she wanted a new car there are easier ways. She was completely unharmed, just shook up emotionally. Low speed slide off road in Thursday storm. Didn’t even pop the airbags. Waiting to hear quote from the body shop to fix it.
87634B5F-5417-410F-BBF8-3434EBAC2014.jpeg
61891DFE-62CB-4F83-BCAF-D6E2D9CE133F.jpeg

And a new headlight, radiator, and maybe some engine accessories (power steering pump was leaking). Still doubt it’s totalled though but it’s a fleet car so not sure how that will factor into it one way or another. They depreciate them on a pretty aggressive schedule. It’s 2.5 years old with 40k miles.

Ouch! The storm was a strange mix this time. Roads got slick really fast. Reminded of Lake Effect storms. It was deep but wet and packed really quickly. Almost like driving on Formica. Glad she was OK.

Wow… I did similar in the K2500 a few years back. Slid, hit the pole, spun me around. Only difference is that I put it in reverse, backed up, and drove off… You can see a slight crinkle in the bumper where I hit the pole…

I got stuck up in Yocumtown doing deliveries in the LX in the storm. Access road to 83 closed, started making my way to the turnpike exit (Lewisberry) and roads closed there, then 83 closed down. Ended up taking all kinds of backroads and ending up in Goldsboro and then York Haven area. Took over 3 hours to make it home because people don't know how to drive in snow or stay off the road completely. You def see some weird things when it's snowing heavy outside.

Spent most of the day wishing I had the Cammo Cruiser out, but the LX was loaded with supplies to drop off at work I had picked up in Lancaster on Weds.

Speaking of the snow it took me 45 min to go 7.5 miles and it took the wife 1.5hrs to go 10. It normally takes me 20 and her 25

And a new headlight, radiator, and maybe some engine accessories (power steering pump was leaking). Still doubt it’s totalled though but it’s a fleet car so not sure how that will factor into it one way or another. They depreciate them on a pretty aggressive schedule. It’s 2.5 years old with 40k miles.

Glad everyone is okay, looking through the pictures I see some rad support damage, fixable by all means, doesn't look like the impact did any major harm to any frame so it should keep the cost down when doing the estimate.

That storm was insane, took me 2 1/2 hours to get from home to work (normally 45 min) o was in our little AWD Matrix and having a blast until those without confidence froze at the wheel doing 25 on clear plowed roads....

I have a feeling this years winter weather is going to be an interesting one....

I have a feeling this years winter weather is going to be an interesting one....

either that or we just had winter.

i was in the same boat, as apparently everyone else in southeast pa. 40minutes into 2.5hrs.
the 80 series does awesome in the snow, but can't make up for everyone else's front wheel drive econoboxes.

Last edited:

Bodyshop just called to say it would be $12K for "what I can see right now and will probably go up once we get in there." Will be interesting to see what Fleet does.

Bodyshop just called to say it would be $12K for "what I can see right now and will probably go up once we get in there." Will be interesting to see what Fleet does.
Pfft, I'll buy it right now!
My lady just did this to our IS and it took me an hour of tugging and banging to make it better/drivable/livable, till I find a hood.

IMG_20181009_181653.jpg

Bet she wants to drive a nice 2008 salsa red pearl cruiser! She’s in luck, mines for sale.

Got this update from Fleet last night :eek:

Fleet Response Recommendation: Revd revised estimate on this unit at $18312.01 -- Went over with shop - still have concerns on mech items- harness is replaced so likely will be addtl cost to have dealer re-program- Would expect at least 15% supplement on this - BBW total loss threshold on this unit is $21337.50, -w a 15% supplement our cost of repairs is projected at $21058.81- with open items on this and anticipated addtl costs I cannot recommend any repairs to this unit- The unit sustained a good impact on the right front folding the right frame rail- The engine- needs to be pulled to do the repair- Further we have the main harness that was damaged in the loss, we cannot guarantee that harness is going to be the only electrical repair- The unit is 2016 Highlander with 32858 on the odometer.

Guess it did it's job though b/c wife wasn't hurt at all. Good news / silver lining is we get to go pick out a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom