Put pictures of the wheels you have in yours 80 series (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^ Nice to see another 80 with TE37’s! Here’s mine with 16x8 -20 TE37X wrapped in BFG KO2 285/75

EB5BAF89-BFB9-4B6E-BA8D-43C2F311E6D7.jpeg
5F1FBD26-87E6-4AB7-B6FE-81D7C6A9A7F2.jpeg

5C11A2F5-93BF-4ED5-AF53-3AB60F714A2F.jpeg

Here's our newest...Xena the warrior princess HDJ81 on OEM 16x8 with Cooper STMaxx 255/85s. Repainted with Krylon Metallic Dark Metal.
Cheers
PXL_20220328_194753241.jpg

Was graciously gifted a nice set of five 16x8 FN 5-stars by a local member. Stock wheels need refinishing, which will be easy with them naked, but I think I’m keeping these on. Big fan of the stockers, but these were a top choice I’d looked at before. Tires are 315s.

Had to remove a little black overspray, so I got it off, wet sanded everything with fine grit, and refinished with satin clearcoat. Came out looking nearly new. They stick out just a little more than before, maybe 1/2”, which is perfect to make them flush with the flares.

View attachment 2959152
These look awesome! I want to buy a pair, but need to figure out if -25mm offset will work for me. I live in Japan, where you are liable to be fined if your tires stick out past your fenders at all (which is why you see so many Japanese rigs with super wide flares).

Which offset are your wheels? Got any pics of how flush they are?

These look awesome! I want to buy a pair, but need to figure out if -25mm offset will work for me. I live in Japan, where you are liable to be fined if your tires stick out past your fenders at all (which is why you see so many Japanese rigs with super wide flares).

Which offset are your wheels? Got any pics of how flush they are?
As far as I know, mine are the standard -25 listed on their site, and as mentioned, they are effectively flush with the stock flares, with 315 tires. However - at 4” lift, my axles are not perfectly centered. I have the delta panhard bracket in the rear, which helps, but still no adjustable bar up front.

It looks like the rear body is just a hair wider (re: where the flares sit). They don’t actually stick out on the passenger/right side, but close. With a perfectly centered axle, I’d imagine they would be perfectly flush.

In the front, my driver/left tire does stick out a small amount, while passenger/right is flush. With a perfectly centered axle, each tire might stick out almost unnoticeably - a very small amount.

Narrower tire than 315 could make the difference, or an adjustable front bar to center the axle.

Compared to stock wheels, these seem like 1/2” further out, for reference. I expected slightly more, like 3/4” or so

I’ll make a note to take pictures soon. At the end of the day, the way mine sits with 315s is not a truck where someone would think they stick out, unless they’re a real stickler. You’d have to be an officer with a tape measure & nothing better to do..

Last edited:
As far as I know, mine are the standard -25 listed on their site, and as mentioned, they are effectively flush with the stock flares, with 315 tires. However - at 4” lift, my axles are not perfectly centered. I have the delta panhard bracket in the rear, which helps, but still no adjustable bar up front.

It looks like the rear body is just a hair wider (re: where the flares sit). They don’t actually stick out on the passenger/right side, but close. With a perfectly centered axle, I’d imagine they would be perfectly flush.

In the front, my driver/left tire does stick out a small amount, while passenger/right is flush. With a perfectly centered axle, each tire might stick out almost unnoticeably - a very small amount.

Narrower tire than 315 could make the difference, or an adjustable front bar to center the axle.

Compared to stock wheels, these seem like 1/2” further out, for reference. I expected slightly more, like 3/4” or so

I’ll make a note to take pictures soon. At the end of the day, the way mine sits with 315s is not a truck where someone would think they stick out, unless they’re a real stickler. You’d have to be an officer with a tape measure & nothing better to do..
Extremely helpful info, my man. I’ll be running a 2.5” lift, so hopefully the offset won’t be too much of a factor. I think as long as it’s within a half inch I will be ok, but I’m definitely keeping my stockers for “inspection time”. Reference the below photo of me failing the inspection on my Jimny for fenders too wide, to give you an idea what we deal with over here

EEEA648A-32D1-4BD6-A7D3-CA56D64683D9.jpeg

Extremely helpful info, my man. I’ll be running a 2.5” lift, so hopefully the offset won’t be too much of a factor. I think as long as it’s within a half inch I will be ok, but I’m definitely keeping my stockers for “inspection time”. Reference the below photo of me failing the inspection on my Jimny for fenders too wide, to give you an idea what we deal with over here

View attachment 2991826
Just checked with a yardstick on the tires.

Centered axle in the rear should leave them perfectly flush with 315s - currently, driver tire is tucked about a quarter inch, and passenger tire sticks out a quarter inch.

In the front with centered axle, they’ll stick out maybe 1cm each with 315s. Currently, driver tire sticks out maybe 1.5-2cm, and passenger is flush.

View attachment 2991826
Hey cmjtaco, tell me about those Yokohamas. What model? I cant seem find that pattern, and I can’t quite read it on the tires. 😎😎

Well, the GOO3 I’ve seen quite a few times. That M/T is not to be found anywhere it seems. That add you sent shows both, but is labeled as the G003, which is different. I’m wondering if this M/T is a non US one maybe?
Looks like I have a set of these. They were on my 80 when I bought it and they are now stacked in the garage on the original wheels. If these are them, I can take more pics if needed.

69F246BE-1F64-474B-915A-4E4B73F0925B.jpeg

A94AB23A-18C0-4605-9E6D-7774A8C84766.jpeg

Just checked with a yardstick on the tires.

Centered axle in the rear should leave them perfectly flush with 315s - currently, driver tire is tucked about a quarter inch, and passenger tire sticks out a quarter inch.

In the front with centered axle, they’ll stick out maybe 1cm each with 315s. Currently, driver tire sticks out maybe 1.5-2cm, and passenger is flush.

SWEET! I’m thinking the bronze ET-25 five stars will look sweet on my blue cruiser. Very excited to get that all mounted up
Hey cmjtaco, tell me about those Yokohamas. What model? I cant seem find that pattern, and I can’t quite read it on the tires. 😎😎

Well, the GOO3 I’ve seen quite a few times. That M/T is not to be found anywhere it seems. That add you sent shows both, but is labeled as the G003, which is different. I’m wondering if this M/T is a non US one maybe?
Those tires are OLD. They came with that Suzuki Jimny when I bought it and I hung on to them just for Japanese inspection purposes. I daily drove the thing with 31x10.5 Geolander M/T’s (which were huge on such a small car). For some reason they will fail you if they are a millimeter too wide, but if your tires are 10 years old and dry rotting but narrow enough, you’re good to go. Weird priorities…

Maybe they’re a superseded design? Huh. I like them.
Maybe, not sure. Nice tires, just went with another size/wheel combo. Let me know if you want any of the numbers on the sidewall.

Maybe, not sure. Nice tires, just went with another size/wheel combo. Let me know if you want any of the numbers on the sidewall.
If it’s not too much trouble, I wouldn’t mind getting the numbers on there. Thanks! Might help me locate some.

I'm a fan of stock FZJ80 wheels. But of any other colors my preference always goes to dark bronze or dark gunmetal.

I need to get them mounted but here is an SCS F5 in gunmetal perched next to the truck.

65CB0629-1747-471D-A205-D939F9E759E5.jpeg

Side note, I mistakingly purchased and received non ET gorilla spline lugs from Wheeler’s last night. Should I return them and get the ET versions, or will I be fine?

I am a fan of steelies. The photos below are 17" FJ Cruiser steelies. They are also available in 16" and came on Tacomas.

My wife's truck, FJC rims with rock rings. They need a color change.
271661970_5161700247194158_6688558908584226375_n.jpg

These are FJC steelies, powder coated Medium Bronze Metalic, welded clips and OEM Toyota caps. These are going on a 60 I am building that is mounted on an 80 roller.
278741502_5479969602033886_3282855128026735935_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom