Purchasing FZJ80 Rust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just paid 23k for a fully built 40th anniversary from Denver and drove to SF. Far better deal than this one though I was looking for something built. Frame is perfect with some superficial rust on the axles. Nothing that I won't easily take care of. Is pretty much exactly what I was looking for and the underside is better than the one you're looking at. I mean, the one you're looking at isn't bad but....

Last edited:
I can't find anything in decent and maintained condition for less than 20k right now. There are a few around 18-19 k rough then a few 20-25k with added lockers and 250k miles and a lift. Must be the times. Seems all older rigs have jumped up last few years.
I would broaden your search to the Northwest. I see cruisers in Washington and Oregon that are in good condition and are selling for less than that asking price. I would say wait for the one the is right for you (to include your budget and the future plans for it).

Note: pre-95 is OBD-I

Looking for a keeper though

This ain't that.

Keep looking. I can't stand rusty bolts and screws etc. You'll fight every nut and bolt every time you work on it. You'll be waiting for the heads of bolts to twist off, nuts to round off, threads to be stripped every time you turn a wrench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom