Puma 12V Compressor (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My version

1615214577956.png

what size pelican case are you guys using?

if you've got time to slap a measuring tape on it, that would be swell :) Or just sell my your damn puma mount! :flipoff2:

Looks like the perfect place to store tire plugging & patching tools & supplies.

I thought the same thing but I’m not sure it will work. I don’t have one to test yet. Currently looking for a lid organizer like on the ARB portable twin if anyone has suggestions.

what size pelican case are you guys using?

Pelican 1550.

It also fit well in a Pelican iM2200 storm case I had. This would be a good option if you were just running the compressor like @LandCruiserPhil and/or didn’t care about storing other stuff in the case.

1550 dimensions:

View attachment 2607239

iM2200 storm case:
View attachment 2607245

I throw away the blow-molded case, when present as they huge space-wasters, and just put the supplies and tools in the hose pocket of my back-up MV-50's.

What model is the Puma? I clicked the link and it was dead........

Mine was fitted with SAE 45° flare fittings on the discharge tube. Did that change?

I recently finished my puma 12v project and went through pretty much everything. Hopefully my trial and error helps others.

Previous posts had covered bits and pieces but not everything. I’m not sure if this is typical but it’s seems like quite the hodge podge of sizes and standards.

Everything works great.

52D588A0-508E-46B8-9219-C91BE9356BAE.jpeg
2076122A-644F-43D3-B4ED-AE9A7CACBF66.jpeg

I recently finished my puma 12v project and went through pretty much everything. Hopefully my trial and error helps others.

Previous posts had covered bits and pieces but not everything. I’m not sure if this is typical but it’s seems like quite the hodge podge of sizes and standards.

Everything works great.

View attachment 2635562View attachment 2635564

Hoping to jump on this later this week.........THANK YOU!!!

Everything works great.

View attachment 2635562View attachment 2635564

What kind of flex hose is that on the pressure side? When I removed the tank on mine, I just re-bent the copper line with the cooling find. Never thought about using flexible hose. That would make my setup a bit more compact.

IMG_20180710_102715_956.jpg

I wouldn't suggest flex hose in that location. The reason that the the OE is copper tube with fins on it is to dissipate the heat from compressing the air. The discharge air can easily be hot enough to fail hose in a unsuitably short time period. If you don't use it all that often then even it's shortened life may be long enough to be acceptable, but Puma went to the trouble of making that fin to slide over the copper tube and they wouldn't have done that if they didn't need to.

I wouldn't suggest flex hose in that location. The reason that the the OE is copper tube with fins on it is to dissipate the heat from compressing the air. The discharge air can easily be hot enough to fail hose in a unsuitably short time period. If you don't use it all that often then even it's shortened life may be long enough to be acceptable, but Puma went to the trouble of making that fin to slide over the copper tube and they wouldn't have done that if they didn't need to.

I would have kept the stock copper tubing with fins but managed to kink it trying to contort it into the shape I needed.

I went with hydraulic hose that’s rated to 250*F so confident it’ll be ok. Cognizant it might it might not be thoughI haven’t done extended runs yet but after 10 minutes I could still touch the line.

It’s cheap enough that having a spare on hand isn’t a big deal. Maybe I’ll find some finned nicopp in the future.

bought it from Surplus Center

1 921-2218 1/4" X 18" JIC 6F X JIC 6F 5800 PSI HYD HOSE 8.60

I like that! I thought about that route, but wasn't sure if it would actually fit in the battery box. Nice confirmation :)

Whats the pro/con of keeping the pressure switch connected? I’ve moved my Puma to a case and have room for the switch but is it really needed? And if I do keep it, do I really need the unload valve on it if I keep the pop off connected?

Obv I’m not an expert on this system.

98DF4BD6-4441-4B69-BA92-5E61E23194E0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom