Puma 12V Compressor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very helpful, thanks!

Another question: for the ground, can I just ground the PUMA ground wire to the radiator support? There is a very handy threaded bolt hole right there. Or would the frame be better, or back to the battery negative? Sorry, total noob when it comes to wiring. :(

I gave the PUMA a test run in it's new configuration and it went way faster than I expected. I accidentally aired up the first tire to 40psi (aiming for 33-34 by the stopwatch). Tankless definitely seems to be the way to go for tires unless you have a switch in the cab to fill up the tank before you stop to air up.

Any of those options will work. Taking the ground back to the battery will be the lowest resistance if you use the appropriate cable size. Sounds like you've got performance to spare, so it may not matter at all.

I finally got my hands on one of these, not a simple task in Canada. I ordered one probably 10 years ago from Amazon Canada and was sent a 24V version, returned it but it was the only one they had and 12V never came into stock.

To get this one I had it shipped to my friend in Detroit who then shipped it to me.
View attachment 3236794
All mounted up in a protective case now, I was originally going to hard mount in the back of my cruiser but decided this would be more practical for me. Aliexpress stainless air tank and local shop had all the supplies to extend the compressor output line. Retained most of the factory pieces - unloader, etc.
IMG_6816.jpeg

So does running the Puma like this without the unloader value harm the compressor? Too much heat near the head with out the finned copper pipe?
1702240383246.png

Do you use an open type air chuck or a closed one, i.e. flows air all of the time or only when connected to a Schrader valve? Reason that I'm asking is if the compressor can run 'free' (as opposed to against a load of some sort) on the start-up then the unloader isn't needed. If the compressor is pumping against existing pressure from it's first revolution then it may not be the longest life option.

Do you use an open type air chuck or a closed one, i.e. flows air all of the time or only when connected to a Schrader valve? Reason that I'm asking is if the compressor can run 'free' (as opposed to against a load of some sort) on the start-up then the unloader isn't needed. If the compressor is pumping against existing pressure from it's first revolution then it may not be the longest life option.
I use an air chuck that's closed. I'll figure out how to keep the unloader and the check valve. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom