Project PHOENIX-Gene's new LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m in Franklin, TN also. I’d love to see this beauty if you are around middle TN. I haven’t even started on my LV yet but yours sure is motivation.

Jason

What a treasure. I'm curious if you plan to really drive it much, or is it just a show truck? If driving it, how comfortable are you with this thing on side by side UTV tires given the rarity and investment in time & money that you have made? The tall skinnies look terrific, but if I'm reading the specs right, each tire is only rated for ~800lbs at 22psi. I didn't search through the thread to see if it's been discussed, but find it hard to believe consideration wasn't given to these details given the level of detail on everything else. Best of luck with the move and with retirement!

We'll the plan was to wheel it like I did my first LV but after the money it took to get the body done right, the fun I had in being a little more creative with the details and the fact that I love wheeling my 60, it kind of took another direction. Yes I'm still planning on taking it out but just out camping with my wife.

As far as the tires, it will just be rolling on these while I'm working on getting it running. I wheeled for decades on the BFG 33 x 9.5 and loved them and wanted a tire that thin again. The truth is these were sold to me as an option to that tire without having knowledge of the rating. I even swapped them to my 60 and wheeled on them for a week in the desert. They performed great but it was a pricy mistake. I'll probably end up selling these and going with a 10.5 BFG.

Thanks to all of you for the compliments, it still blows my mind that this is the same LV we all were wrenching on years ago. My time is split up by many things these days, but I love working on it and should have a lot more time in the future.

I’m in Franklin, TN also. I’d love to see this beauty if you are around middle TN. I haven’t even started on my LV yet but yours sure is motivation.

Jason
Jason I promise you I'll contact you and drive it to you when it's done. I'd love to see your LV as well.

I got the upholstery done this week by Robert at Chino Upholstery. He installed new high density foam in the front seat and made a few design changes that I really like in the cover. Heading to Tennessee as I write this and will finish the LV there. I'm retiring and will have lots of time to work on it after a few months of working on the new house.

View attachment 3000616View attachment 3000618View attachment 3000619View attachment 3000625View attachment 3000627
Welcome to the East Coast. The weather may not be as nice as out West, but most everything else will be better ;)

We'll the plan was to wheel it like I did my first LV but after the money it took to get the body done right, the fun I had in being a little more creative with the details and the fact that I love wheeling my 60, it kind of took another direction. Yes I'm still planning on taking it out but just out camping with my wife.

As far as the tires, it will just be rolling on these while I'm working on getting it running. I wheeled for decades on the BFG 33 x 9.5 and loved them and wanted a tire that thin again. The truth is these were sold to me as an option to that tire without having knowledge of the rating. I even swapped them to my 60 and wheeled on them for a week in the desert. They performed great but it was a pricy mistake. I'll probably end up selling these and going with a 10.5 BFG.
That is a total bummer someone wasn't upfront with you on the use of those Milestar tires. I recently picked up a set of Kanati Mud Hogs in 35x10x15 size, they appear to be the only real "tall" skinny tire available for anyone not willing to shell out the cash for the 16" city racer wheels or get really creative for hubcab mounting on other aftermarket steel wheel options. I've yet to get them mounted up, they measure 34.25" tall un-mounted. They have the true tall skinny look with a tread pattern very similar to the original Goodyear MTR.

So not the truck I saw 14 years ago :D

So not the truck I saw 14 years ago :D
We might have change a little also LOL @Mace

small_DSCN1046.JPG

Outstanding. I don't know what I Iike better, this or your 40 series. Only one to say and that is awesome.

This car is un-frikkin-believeable. Kudos to you mate, it's a rolling work of art.

Hey, Gene … if you haven’t seen it, here’s Jeremiah Proffitt going over his ‘61 FJ28, starts at 12:07:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom