Project Hundy Build Thread - 2000 UZJ100 Land Cruiser (Deathstar) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

when i pick the truck up from getting the bedliner done there was a CEL, the guy also said that i had a big fuel leak, I knew exactly what he was talking about , i thought that i had fixed the problem when i changed the Evap box earlier in the fall, apparently not. This has led me get Tech Stream setup so i could diagnose what is happening, i have no idea what i am looking at though when I am looking at the data... Maybe someone can translate the data on this PDF. i can tell that i have multiple misfires which points to coil packs but i washoping that tech stream might be able to provide more information.

Attachments

• cruiser Dianostics.pdf
    139.5 KB · Views: 71
decided to dive in and take a look at the coils and plugs, most coils are cracked and one was a bit oily. I would assume that the plug tube grommet is not doing its job. I have part on order and will be doing a full tune up. I must be missing where the last tune up was documented. Planning to also change the radiator hoses while I am under the hood.

IMG_0455[1].JPG

IMG_0453[1].JPG

IMG_0454[1].JPG

Over Christmas break had someone else finish up the trim delete and bedline that I started over the summer, as per usual i just need to finish project that I start so I am not disappointed. The shop went past the body line that i specified and also did not fill in the trim clip holes as requested....

while I am waiting for the tune up parts to show up I will be touching up the paint and rust prevention/remediation on the bumpers and steps and installing the wild yotas LED lights kit that has been sitting for a few years.

IMG_0225[1].JPG

IMG_0391[1].JPG

decided to dive in and take a look at the coils and plugs, most coils are cracked and one was a bit oily. I would assume that the plug tube grommet is not doing its job. I have part on order and will be doing a full tune up. I must be missing where the last tune up was documented. Planning to also change the radiator hoses while I am under the hood.

View attachment 2581737

View attachment 2581738

View attachment 2581740
From a distance, Plugs 3, 4, 5, 6 don’t look so great. Looks like quite a bit of carbon fouling or fuel fouling.

From a distance, Plugs 3, 4, 5, 6 don’t look so great. Looks like quite a bit of carbon fouling or fuel fouling.
they were not very tight in there.... as i have been reading up on Mud it seems that the "inner" plugs seem to loosen over time, maybe that could have something to do with it?

they were not very tight in there.... as i have been reading up on Mud it seems that the "inner" plugs seem to loosen over time, maybe that could have something to do with it?
If the plugs were loose and the plug tube seals in the valve covers are hard as rocks, then very well could be oil seeping in and burning.

Hi Kurt, is ARB 4413260 (side steps) compatible w/o any fitment issues on a 2006 LX470 AHC? Tried the search and google but can’t seem to find a definitive answer. Thanks in advance!

Hi Kurt, is ARB 4413260 (side steps) compatible w/o any fitment issues on a 2006 LX470 AHC? Tried the search and google but can’t seem to find a definitive answer. Thanks in advance!
your best bet would be to call Cruiser Outfitters directly 801-563-1277

I believe that you will have fitment issues with any step/slider with the ACH?

-Mike

your best bet would be to call Cruiser Outfitters directly 801-563-1277

I believe that you will have fitment issues with any step/slider with the ACH?

-Mike
Thanks Mike. That’s also my concern. Will take your advice and call them. Appreciate it. Good looking rig btw!

Thanks Mike. That’s also my concern. Will take your advice and call them. Appreciate it. Good looking rig btw!
Thanks, I have really enjoyed it. Kurt did an amazing job with the build.

I would also be patient with them this week as I know that some are out at cruise moab.

well it has been a minute since i posted anything to do with the 100 series...

Part time 4WD kit and 3.1:1 kit paid dividends this weekend! this is by far the best thing on my hundred.

Noticed a clicking at the beginning Golden Spike that progressively got worse and lost 4WD. We ended up running basically all of GS and GBR in 2WD and a few winch pulls and a tug. Didn't have to pull a tool out just unlocked the hubs, CDL and was on our way. Total time on the trail was under 10 hours. No pictures unfortunately..

incidentally now I need a 4.30 front diff if anyone has one sitting around...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom