Builds Project Fauxverlander 200 Series Land Cruiser Build Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Changes included the rock guard setup, valve flap setup and oil. Rebuild is going to be just like any traditional shock overhaul .the logistics being the parts. They plan to setup select dealers to rebuild so we'll do them in house for our customers. With quick adjustable rebound and compression, tuning is simple, at least physically making the adjustment.

@cruiseroutfit is the rebuild interval on the BP51 similar to other coilovers (icon, king) 40-50k miles (depending on usage more or less) ?

@cruiseroutfit is the rebuild interval on the BP51 similar to other coilovers (icon, king) 40-50k miles (depending on usage more or less) ?

My guess would be yes, we've yet to encounter a need to rebuild. The few issues we had with early production stuff were just replaced completely under warranty for new units.

Been bumping around the woods of Australia in some amazing Land Cruisers including a Patriot Camper VDJ200 which was super dialed

IMG_4430.JPG

That said, I'm ready to go make some dust in my own 200 :cool:

Been bumping around the woods of Australia in some amazing Land Cruisers including a Patriot Camper VDJ200 which was super dialed

View attachment 1798866

Any idea what model TJM front bumper is on that 200? It looks amazing!

Any idea what model TJM front bumper is on that 200? It looks amazing!

Why yes, I know all about it. I'm rolling with the owner of Patriot Campers. That is a special limited edition project between Patriot and TJM, they made just 100 and they sold in hours. They are planning to do something similar again in the future.

20180927_153810.jpg

Justin says "Thanks Mate!", he still has bar #001 in a box (not for sale) :D

20180928_094042.jpg

You oughta think about doing that ute conversion on yours.... :smokin:

Why yes, I know all about it. I'm rolling with the owner of Patriot Campers. That is a special limited edition project between Patriot and TJM, they made just 100 and they sold in hours. They are planning to do something similar again in the future.

View attachment 1798951

Justin says "Thanks Mate!", he still has bar #001 in a box (not for sale) :D

View attachment 1798950

Thanks for the info! That’s a bummer because that’s the best looking front bumper I’ve seen on the 200. I wish there was a way to get one here in the US, but that doesn’t sound likely unfortunately.

Thanks for the info! That’s a bummer because that’s the best looking front bumper I’ve seen on the 200. I wish there was a way to get one here in the US, but that doesn’t sound likely unfortunately.

Not today. Stay tuned :D

Personally, I think a bumper should have an upper bar to protect the lights and radiator. IMO, a significant point of getting a steel bumper is to protected the vehicle in case of an animal strike (we have deer out the wazoo here in New England). So a steel bumper without an upper bar doesn't make sense to me. YMMV.

Personally, I think a bumper should have an upper bar to protect the lights and radiator. IMO, a significant point of getting a steel bumper is to protected the vehicle in case of an animal strike (we have deer out the wazoo here in New England). So a steel bumper without an upper bar doesn't make sense to me. YMMV.

I certainly don't disagree on a long range touring vehicle. On the same hand I love that there are great options out there.

8155 Chase 3 doing what it does best :D

20181110_182843.jpg

We also do this pretty well :D

IMG_4625.JPG

Tacos! We've been hitting this taco join religiously for about a decade

IMG_4622.JPG

The Fauxverlander aka Chase 3 getting work done as Nakaya and I get in the race 200

Stage Three - The Install Process

Next up was the suspension. A Sunday morning freed up and a couple of good pals offered to come help rock out the suspension, Dave (DMC), Johnny (WildYoats), both of whom are 200 Series owners and Micah (Micahman) came over and helped make fairly quick work of the process. There were a few learning curves with the mounting of the BP51 reservoirs and front coilovers. As my units were some of the very first into the US we found some minor variance that we had to addressed, the most important being to chase the holes on the top plates of the struts. The BP51's use a bolt into the upper strut mount rather than the typical stud/nut configuration on the stock. We fought the 1st side for a bit of time before we concluded the holes were tapped prior to the anodizing and thus the bolts would start and seat approx. half way before stopping dead in their tracks. It's possible we could have drove them home and cut the threads a bit in the softer aluminum. We pulled the coilover assemblies, gave them a quick chase with the tap and reinstalled with minimal affair. The rear was very straightforward, shocks and coils. The reservoir mounts took a minute to sort but in the end the fit and finish were impressive. The KDSS sway bar system does add a few additional steps in the install process, make sure you're up to speed on the system prior to working on it.

sus_bump_2.JPG

Front OMD BP-51's with Light Racing Upper Control Arms

sus_bump_3.JPG

Rear OME BP-51 Suspension

Now it was time to start stretching it's legs and see what this BP-51 is all about. Sorry video isn't super tight on the action, it was really an impromptu run as we were out testing Monica (the Canguro 200). I started making some passes on a light whoop section and bringing up the speed as it felt comfortable. At this point... super impressed!

Suspension update. Still love it!

My BP-51 is one of the oldest installs to date, over 3 years old now, lots of flogging and still comfortable and compliant. I did add some trim spacers front and rear and a larger set of General X3's right before departing for the B1K. My loads have changed, I wanted taller tires and it was time to recharge the Nitrogen in the shocks. I topped off everything to 300psi, made some small rebound/compression tweaks and we hit the road south.

I've still got a great deal of things to install but it's totally workable at currently I want to finalize my electrical as I'd like a few more outlets at the rear drawers and the dual batteries are still lingering on completion. I've also got plans to do a Long Range tank from @orangefj45. Time... anyone have some spare time?

spare time …….. you're funny Kurt!!!!!

LMAO

I know, I know. Perhaps I should ask for more energy and money while I'm at it :D

I need to step up the priority of getting my dual battery controller setup. I went out late last night on a recovery with the Utah Recovery Team and my poor winch was starving for more amps. We had to pull a Powerstroke out of hub depth mud (Utah Lake shore line those familiar with the area) and the Jeep he went out after was a XJ buried to the top of his 35's. Not only did I bring the wrong Cruiser for the job but my winch was struggling under a single battery.

This sums up the recovery situation. Got home at 4am with resolute plans to get up and wash this pig. Not happening

20181122_034118.jpg

Pics of the recovery .. or you dance in the mud in any ditch close to your place and took the pic .. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom