Project #2....She's a blank slate

FJ Noob

SILVER Star
I think I may have a sickness....

I took the plunge and bought my first 1987 FJ60 about 6 weeks ago. My First FJ60 Love everything about it. BUT.....

Today I just made final coordinations for delivery of a second one. A 1985 FJ60.

I need to get this under control o_O

Updates once I have it in hand and make some decisions on it's future.

FJ Noob

SILVER Star
Ha.....funny i feel that way too only all i am doing is buying parts every day! :bang::beer:
I'm taking a huge leap of faith on this one buying it without looking at it in person. It had a triple digit price tag and I saw about $1600 in non-mechanical parts I wanted eventually anyway. Worst case, I salvage what I want and part out the rest. Best case, I salvage what I want, pull the engine for refurb parts for the current 60, have a body and frame situated for an eventual diesel swap!!!

4Cruisers

SILVER Star
I bought my first 40 last April. I now have 2 40's, one 60 and one 62
Pretty much sums up my fleet - '71 and '76 FJ40s, '84 FJ60, and '86 FJ60 (which in reality is mostly an '89 FJ62 with H55f). And I can't forget the '93 4-Runner.

I think I may have a sickness....

I took the plunge and bought my first 1987 FJ60 about 6 weeks ago. My First FJ60 Love everything about it. BUT.....

Today I just made final coordinations for delivery of a second one. A 1985 FJ60.

I need to get this under control o_O

Updates once I have it in hand and make some decisions on it's future.
You're only halfway there in the Land Cruiser department, over time you'll eventually want/need a couple of FJ40s.

macdaddy59

SILVER Star
Forgot the GX470 the wife drives. I had owned landcruisers off on on most of my life but now that the kids are out of the house and I have some free time and a little extra cash I decided to own one. However, owning one led to owning four somehow. Will proboaly sell 2 and just keep a 40 and a 60.

4Cruisers

SILVER Star
Forgot the GX470 the wife drives. I had owned landcruisers off on on most of my life but now that the kids are out of the house and I have some free time and a little extra cash I decided to own one. However, owning one led to owning four somehow. Will proboaly sell 2 and just keep a 40 and a 60.
That's in my future as well. After I finish my '71 FJ40 build next year I'll more than likely sell my '76 and after we sell our place in Nevada I'll probably sell the '84 FJ60.

Top Bottom