Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tee shirt my son absolutely needed to have while on an errand to Old Navy with his mom. Apparently he pulled it off the rack, ripped off the tags and started pulling it over his head. In the boys section if anyone is interested.

Also, it dawned on me looking at this that the back of the 40 might be just as (or at least close) iconic as the front. I wonder if we could do something like this for our logo. It might be hard to scale but maybe a 40 from the rear driving in to DC with the Pentagon near field and the DC skyline far, Washington monument, Lincoln, Jefferson, etc. Just thinking out loud. I haven't looked but probably not many clubs with the rear of the 40 on their logo.

image0000001.jpg

Last edited:
Tee shirt my son absolutely needed to have while on an errand to Old Navy with his mom. Apparently he pulled it off the rack, ripped off the tags and started pulling it over his head. In the boys section if anyone is interested.

Also, it dawned on me looking at this that the back of the 40 might be just as (or at least close) iconic as the front. I wonder if we could do something like this for our logo. It might be hard to scale but maybe a 40 from the rear driving in to DC with the Pentagon near field and the DC skyline far, Washington monument, Lincoln, Jefferson, etc. Just thinking out loud. I haven't looked but probably not many clubs with the rear of the 40 on their logo.

View attachment 2034893

First off.
That’s Awesome your son saw that and just had to have it.
Second.
I love the idea for a shirt!
I’m not thrilled with changing the logo to it. I look at the logo as a trademark. You don’t change a trademark every 20 years. Just update it a bit.

View attachment 2034893
Steph found the same short and we bought it too

First off.
That’s Awesome your son saw that and just had to have it.
Second.
I love the idea for a shirt!
I’m not thrilled with changing the logo to it. I look at the logo as a trademark. You don’t change a trademark every 20 years. Just update it a bit.

I think you're right. It'd probably with better as a shirt. More room to work.

Dual battery isolation solution. This came about from an offline conversation and I thought it might be worth sharing.
OBTW, @TRFCSUX has one in his Taco.

- basic solenoid (relay)
- inexpensive $61
- continuous duty (unlimited on time)
- 12V
- 200A max continuous current flow
- Cole Hersee is a high quality manufacturer

View attachment 2034893
so adorable!

Tried to change out my 3rds today. Removed the broken rear.
E91D67E5-EDDA-49E4-9B9C-1A0C861109A4.jpeg

Started to remove the spare 3rd. It took me way longer than I’d like to admit to remove the LockRight locker in the new 3rd. Then I can’t get the diff to release from the housing. Tried all the tricks I had! Will be hooking a come-along from it to the front axle tomorrow. With some heat to help with the silicone.

Tried to change out my 3rds today. Removed the broken rear. View attachment 2049362

Started to remove the spare 3rd. It took me way longer than I’d like to admit to remove the LockRight locker in the new 3rd. Then I can’t get the diff to release from the housing. Tried all the tricks I had! Will be hooking a come-along from it to the front axle tomorrow. With some heat to help with the silicone.
Is the axle of the donor 3rd free from the truck? If so, just set the axle housing between to jack stands and let the 3rd hang to let gravity work it's magic.

Is the axle of the donor 3rd free from the truck? If so, just set the axle housing between to jack stands and let the 3rd hang to let gravity work it's magic.

No it’s still on the frame. I tried jacking up on the nose and jumping on the frame. Pounding the back. I may unbolt the Ubolts and twist the axle down. But I think they were assembled with Right Stuff sealant.

Last edited:
No it’s still on the frame. I tried jacking up on the nose and jumping on the frame. Pounding the back. I may unbolt the Ubolts and twist the axle down. But I think they were assembled with Great Stuff sealant.
Just leave it with the jack putting pressure on the pinion flange over night.

Chris I've always had success using a stiff putty knife and tapping it into the joint between the housing nd the third member with a hammer. In fact I have a few scarred stiff putty knives in my toolbox to prove it! Try my way and see what happens.

@shmukster tried that bent the F&@k out of my favorite putty knife!! There is no gasket so there is no space to get the knife in.

@Stumpalama I do have the jack under the pinion. I also took out all the studs. It hasn’t moved yet. I may have to put more weight on the back of the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom