Post your high-mileage 80 series!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My '93 has less than 135K miles....so I'll be a strong competitor in this thread in about a decade...:flipoff2:

3fe powered with 242k, just broken in.

image.jpeg

Actually now I'm completely f-Ingrid confused. I'm 240k. Thought I blew my HG. Mechanic tells me he can't find anything wrong. Thinks my SC squeezed oil into the combustion chamber and that's why my rig bogged down and spewed smoke all the way up the damn mountain. Even had the "honey, I need to drop 6 grand on an engine rebuild".

So, I don't know what the hell is going on, but I've got 240k on an apparently well running LC (?)

Actually now I'm completely f-Ingrid confused. I'm 240k. Thought I blew my HG. Mechanic tells me he can't find anything wrong. Thinks my SC squeezed oil into the combustion chamber and that's why my rig bogged down and spewed smoke all the way up the damn mountain. Even had the "honey, I need to drop 6 grand on an engine rebuild".

So, I don't know what the hell is going on, but I've got 240k on an apparently well running LC (?)

Just curious, but are you using a oil catch can?

Nope. I asked on Mud if it was truly required / as in, there was a true performance reason to have an oil catch can... ???

Nope. I asked on Mud if it was truly required / as in, there was a true performance reason to have an oil catch can... ???

OK, I have a buddy that has a small EBay catch can that would trap oil in the reservoir just fine, but the oil would get sucked in on steep inclines, bogging out his motor and blowing smoke like crazy.

One of the main reasons I went with a deep catch can instead.

OMG man... Seriously???

Dang, that's alot of miles. I thought the record on a original car was 600k and it was a Volvo Sports car from the 60's.

ManTruck has 224k on the ticker, runs like new and planning on putting on half a million.

The Volvo car has 3,000,000 miles

Makes more sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom