Post up if you have a supercharger and added a fuel pump and/or regulator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
This thread is not to discuss theory or to argue the values of the regulator of using the Supra Fuel Pump. This is a data collection thread. Let's not discuss the data until we give everyone a chance to post their data. Don't want to scare anyone off.

Post up the following

Year of vehicle
Miles installed SuperCharger
Did you swap out the fuel pump? If so why?
Did you add a Fuel Regulator? If so why?

Post up any data or research you used to decided on the pump or regulator

Post up any data you have on actual performance.

1997 LX450

125,000 Miles

Yes I swapped with a Supra Fuel Pump. I was advised since I had just done the injectors, head and fuel filter that swapping the fuel pump would ensure my fuel system was up to snuff. Since I would be changing pumps, I might as well use the Supra as it provides more fuel.

No, haven't determined if I need it yet

I must admit I do not have any hard data. Several already supercharged owners told me the Supra pump will keep me from leaning out at high RPM. Leaning out at high RPM could cause damage to the vehicle.

I ran for a week with the stock pump. After swapping the fuel pump, I noticed an improvement at high RPM when going 0-60 to merge on the highway. Seat of the pants data only

1995 with 140k on the odo when the blower was put on. New HG injectors cleaned, 6 months later I put in the supra pump with no notable difference. Was looking for the safety factor of appropriate fuel, it was all anicdotal info with no hard indisputable information.
Looked into a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, didn't have the money, now my interests are elsewhere.

'97 with 93K on the odo when I put the SC on. At 135K now.

Stock injectors, FP and FPR.

I've never felt the need for any fuel mods since the install. No signs of a lean condition (I've even run a scanner while driving for a while, viewing the A/F ratios) under typical driving conditions, though I never tried to floor it.

The :princess: recently sobbed a confession to me that she inadvertantly put regular gas (87 octane) in the tank by mistake (have her well trained...hehe) and though I went gentle for that tankful, I didn't see or feel any problems.

I've towed the Scamp (about 2500lbs) as well as a boat (about 4000lbs) for hundreds of miles per trip and never sensed it to be fuel starved, but have no hard data for this.

Ken,

1996, 95K when SC installed / currently at 110K
Last 5K with the 3.0" diameter pulley
Stock FP / FPR

Like Scamper - no noted lean conditions for the past few years. I did hear a ping last week for the first time, from a cold start & direct WOT run on the freeway.

I have also run standard 87 octane on the 3.2 pulley, with no noted pinging / lean condition. I just kept the boost manageable when pulling a steep grade.

Well..I think the Supra pump is overkill. I know there is no harm done on this mod ...but I just put new wires and plugs on, The plugs were a beautiful tan color. No lean conditions at all. I think the factory set up for fuel delivery is fine.
airlaird

Good info. I will wait to do any other mods until there some data that shows a benifit. At 130K I probably needed a new pump anyways to ensure my fuel system was up to snuff, the supra pump probably didn't hurt anything using the stock regulator.

Please post up any data results if you have them

At 58psi it should flow about 370b/hr

real_street_performance_fuel_pump_test_flow_chart.jpg

Naturally aspirated at 58psi it would supply enough fuel for ~720hp

real_street_performance_fuel_pump_test_hp_chart.jpg

Last edited:
I put in a 2009, LY5 5.3L V8 (drive by wire) and used a supra fuel pump and Holley fuel regulator for 60 PSI maybe it was 58 it's been a while since the install. My first Holley fuel regulator was an out of box failure - leaked. The second has worked well. They are not cheap either.....almost as expensive as the fuel pump.

Has anyone logged air fuel ratio or knock count to justify fuel modifications?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom