What fuel pump are you running? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Denso pump part# I originally ordered from Amazon showed China as location of manufacture. I believe most Denso pumps are now manufactured in China.

The Delphi pump says manufactured in Japan. Amazon product ASIN B001QUFAM6

Aftermarket Denso pumps are most likely off shored for manufacture.

OEM fuel pumps (in a Toyota box) for a Land Cruiser will be manufactured in Japan.

"So far no one can tell me that the $300 OEM fuel pump is better quality that the OE denso"

The original Fuel pumps were not made by Denso, they were made by AISAN. IDK however if current production OEM/Toyota pumps for an FZJ80 are still made by AISAN, a parts guru @OGBeno may know.

I had the same question years ago when going through the decision whether to buy the Toyota Fuel pump or the Denso Aftermarket part. At that time I talked to someone at Denso who they said that their Aftermarket line of Denso pumps Made in Japan are made in the same factory, in the same production line, to the same standards than any pump that goes into a new vehicle. Only difference they said was that the aftermarket Denso pump may have a different (wider) psi range as it may be designed to work in more than one model/engine type.

FWIW and IME the Denso pump Made in Japan works, so if money is tight IMHO you can't go wrong with a Made in Japan Denso (if you can find a source for the correct pump).

On the other hand, if it came down to any made in Chynah pump versus a made in Japan pump, I'd lean toward the Japan pump (or OEM from Partsouq or Amayama if you aren't in a hurry and want to save a few dollars). Although with shipping from overseas the final price is not that much different than buying from US sources.

Aisan did indeed make the factory fuel pump for factory installation and service part support during the 1990's: 23221-46060 which is actually a 2JZ-GE fuel pump applied for use in the 1FZ-FE.

After 80 was discontinued for US market, the fuel pump was superseded to the 23221-66040 which is the Denso part and remained for global use until the discontinuation of the 1FZ-FE globally.

Aisan did indeed make the factory fuel pump for factory installation and service part support during the 1990's: 23221-46060 which is actually a 2JZ-GE fuel pump applied for use in the 1FZ-FE.

After 80 was discontinued for US market, the fuel pump was superseded to the 23221-66040 which is the Denso part and remained for global use until the discontinuation of the 1FZ-FE globally.

Received my new OEM fuel pump. To my surprise it is indeed an Aisan and not Denso!

So maybe the superseded part 23221-66040 is not Denso. Or does Denso make Aisan fuel pumps?

So confusing?

IMG_3653.jpeg

Received my new OEM fuel pump. To my surprise it is indeed an Aisan and not Denso!

So maybe the superseded part 23221-66040 is not Denso. Or does Denso make Aisan fuel pumps?

So confusing?

View attachment 3493384
Is there an Aisan part number moulded or stamped in the pump that we could try to cross reference?

Now I can compare both old and new Aisan fuel pumps. No change in over all length but definately differences in the casting or molding top and bottom. The fuel inlet is 3 times the size in the new vs old.

IMG_3698.jpeg

IMG_3697.jpeg

IMG_3696.jpeg

IMG_3695.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom