Builds Portland Troopy Build (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That was the rear tank only. It feels like I should go into the speculation market.

man that must be awesome. Mine are standard 90 and 90 liters, good for 600 ish miles.

It was the first time I’ve put diesel in the rear tank. At 30 gallons I actually looked under the truck to see if there was a leak.

It was the first time I’ve put diesel in the rear tank. At 30 gallons I actually looked under the truck to see if there was a leak.

That's a big sub tank! How big is the other tank? Wondering about total capacity.

Forgot but it’s over 20 gallons. I probably won’t fill both at the same time very often. Seems like a LOT of weight plus I’m planning to have a 30 gallon water tank. I don’t have to use all the capacity of any of the tanks but it’s nice to know it’s there if needed.

Conservative 1500 mile fuel range.

I was figuring both tanks with my range estimate. Main tank is 90 liters, so about 23 3/4 US gallons.

At 30 gallons I actually looked under the truck to see if there was a leak.

I thought the same thing! :rofl:

Make sure you treat your diesel in that big of tank, you'll get microbial growth if you're not burning through it. I had a 55 gal main and 20 gal aux on my diesel pig, will start clogging up your filters ;) Bio Kleen is a good treatment. I had 1800 miles range .... you forget what filling up is like until you have to and see the $$ ....

Tucker

If anyone has a question about the kill switch send me a pm.

Weighed the truck this weekend.....7,100lbs

My water tank's not in yet so there was very little water onboard.

Two passengers. Two dogs. Approximately 60 gallons of diesel so 500lbs of fuel.

The truck has plenty of power and I feel no noticeable lean in corners. Drives really well. Other than the addition of the water tank and a new rear bumper that should be about it as far as weight.

Does anyone know the stock weight of the bj75?

I rolled mine across some scales on the side of the highway last summer, and it was 4940 lbs, with a full tank of fuel and just me and my mountain bike (roughly 210 lbs) on-board.

I've got a 5'x7' roof rack, with shovel, hi-lift, and polaski mounted on it too.

Last edited:
With 170lbs of me and 1/2 tank of fuel, my '87 BJ75 came in at just over 4500lbs. That's totally empty, no rear seats even. Used the scale at the transfer station (garbage dump), since I was there anyway dropping some stuff off.

Last time I was in Belgium and filled the 2 tanks of my Troopy I had the same feeling ......168 Euro or roughly 200 usd to fill my cruiser up !

We used to have a 7.3 diesel excursion. 44 gallon tank and usually 14mpg. The worst was when diesel was almost $5 gallon that year and they still hadn't raised the card limit to buy fuel at the pumps.

Drink Holders from Dingo 4x4 Dingo 4*4 | installed. The holder mounts to the seat bracket. Thanks to John Lockwood for the intel.

Drink Holder.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom