planning of 55 road trip to all 50 states (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yeah so my first pig is a 71 bought it in 04, still have it, although it has changed many of times. still same body and paint it was when i bought it. now has tbi 350 700r4, mini truck front axle, taco rear axle. shes been pieced together robbed of parts and put back together over the years but drive it about 5 days a week. have my 63 fj40 i bought in 05 and my 62 fj45 that i got from my grandma in 04 aswell. the 45 my dad bought in 72 and then it got parked in 86 until i started drving it in 04. had many others come and go but hung onto those 3 rigs so far. been around and in cruisers since i as born. grew up in them and now thats all we drive and own. other than a 67 ford f250 that my grandpa bought new and we have a 3/4 ton suburban that sits in Alaska for when i need to tow and haul things. the 40s just dont do so great towing heavy trailers that out size the rig.

Whoa! Are you a family of pygmies?!? 5 people in a 40? Respect!

That sounds like a beautiful trip. Denali sure is a special place.
close enough we are all small, im 5'6 my wife is 4'11 the 40 was tight. 3 in the front seat myself my wife and my 12 yr old daughter and then my 9 and 6 were in the back. plus some gear and blankets and food

IMG_20230529_122315.jpg

@Megadoomer ill definitely be late for it then, as the plan is late summer once the nights start to cool off. on a different note If you ever make it to Hawaii your more than welcome to drive a pig around. have acouple here and its only a few hundred to ship between the islands.
As I recall you're in lower Puna. How about me? I'd be satisfied with driving one for a few hundred yards. :)

This has got to be the most ambitious FJ55 road trip of this century. :clap: I hope you keep us updated.

As I recall you're in lower Puna. How about me? I'd be satisfied with driving one for a few hundred yards. :)

This has got to be the most ambitious FJ55 road trip of this century. :clap: I hope you keep us updated.
so the goal we have decided is the official start point for the trip is going to be at southpoint and the official end of the trip will be north pole, Ak.

on the mainland once we figure out where we can ship the rig back east we will dial in the route taken from that starting point.

see what that amount of miles brings us. hopefully she holds together. just ordered new springs, bushings and rear airbags.

checking in on the alaska cruisers that are tucked away for the winter. Try and get the 74 out for a spin today is the goal. The others will hang out tell weathers better and not spend the time getting them out for a few days of travel. The 74 is in the heated portion and should fire right up (fingers crossed) been sitting since September. 74 pig, 63 fj40 and a 77 pig. the 77 has only been driven about a mile last year. bought it sight unseen but couldnt pass up a running pig for 5k.
IMG_20240228_081710.jpg

IMG_20240228_081803.jpg

IMG_20240228_081819.jpg

Sound likes an amazing, whirlwind trip. Come on down to the outer banks, Hatteras Island and the area in general has great history... The Lost Colony on Roanoke Island, the Wright Brothers flight in Kitty Hawk, the Graveyard of the Atlantic and associated maritime history, arguably where modern charter fishing began. Late summer/fall is a great time to be here barring the presence of a tropical disturbance.

I don't have a pig, but have it's slightly more modern yonger brother, a 70 series troop carrier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom