Events/Trails Pig Party 2021💥🎉💥 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm getting ready, no wrong turns for me next year!

IMG_4101.JPG

I just did 200+ miles on the bicycle in the Black Hills. Awesome place. My 55 is finely done from Red Line. So, If it doesn't brake down before then I should be able to make it. How about updating the first post with the date and plans that have been made at this point.

@landcruisnman and I can meet @Gordobe in Barstow then meet @fj55-100 in St. George. Start to develop a real Pigvoy to the Badlands.

I keep envisioning the beginning of Bonanza with Ben, Adam, Hoss and Lil' Joe all coming together while riding into town on horse back, loved that show. :)

The Black Hills area has some great on-road driving as well as offroad. Highway 16A with it's spiral bridges and tunnels are a "must do" for those visiting the area for the first time. The highway was designed by Peter Norbeck to follow the terrain and not disturb the natural surrounding. Also, several of the tunnels have a special significance to Mt. Rushmore. You have to drive it both ways, or look in the rearview mirror when entering a tunnel.

There's a ton of stuff to see in that area:
  • Devil's Tower (1.75 hr west of Rapid City, SD)
  • Crazy Horse Memorial (...work in progress)
  • Mt. Rushmore
  • Badlands Nat'l Park (1 hr east of Rapid City)
  • Jewel and Wind River National Monument (Massive cave systems)

I might have to take a few days more and stop at Jellystone and Mt Rushmore before the Pig Party. Google Maps is packing on hours with every detour I add.

Bringing this back up for fun. Seems the Badlands, South Dakota area has been talked about by some. Let's kick this around and see if it works out. I know Pablo goes to a Toyota event up there, maybe he could do some route planning. I've been to the Badlands and Mt. Rushmore a couple times, but not any four wheeling. 🤷‍♂️ Seems most people can do two or three days of trails then head home.

So, you all have set a date of the week after Father's day, now let's talk location. Plenty of time for Lambcrusher, BobM , Rush55, Lil'John, Naspter, Nik P, Xtiaan2000 and all you other feet draggers to get your act together and have some fun. :)

The Southern Swine Soiree matched or set the record for pig attendance, let's set the bar high this year.

The Black Hills Cruiser Classic is a great event, hosted by a great crew. If I am looking at the calendar correctly, I think the '21 BHCC will be 15-18 Jul.

I think @Redgrrr is the most active on here from the DTC. Edgar, do I have my dates correct? Was the overnight run y'all were thinking of for this year going to go from the Badlands to Hidden Valley? That could be a good run to see some of the area. There is so much to do in the area...

I also think @npulver is from that area, but I have never met up with them! Maybe we can get them to attend the PP '21!

The Black Hills Cruiser Classic is a great event, hosted by a great crew. If I am looking at the calendar correctly, I think the '21 BHCC will be 15-18 Jul.

I think @Redgrrr is the most active on here from the DTC. Edgar, do I have my dates correct? Was the overnight run y'all were thinking of for this year going to go from the Badlands to Hidden Valley? That could be a good run to see some of the area. There is so much to do in the area...

I also think @npulver is from that area, but I have never met up with them! Maybe we can get them to attend the PP '21!

Hi TJ!

Yes those are the dates. Wednesday night thru Sunday morning we have the campground. We hit the trails Thursday,Friday and Saturday. Catered Dinner on Saturday night! Do you have Cody’s number? He does the overnight trip. I’ll text you his contact info.

If anyone needs info on the area feel free to message me.

The Black Hills area has some great on-road driving as well as offroad. Highway 16A with it's spiral bridges and tunnels are a "must do" for those visiting the area for the first time. The highway was designed by Peter Norbeck to follow the terrain and not disturb the natural surrounding. Also, several of the tunnels have a special significance to Mt. Rushmore. You have to drive it both ways, or look in the rearview mirror when entering a tunnel.

There's a ton of stuff to see in that area:
  • Devil's Tower (1.75 hr west of Rapid City, SD)
  • Crazy Horse Memorial (...work in progress)
  • Mt. Rushmore
  • Badlands Nat'l Park (1 hr east of Rapid City)
  • Jewel and Wind River National Monument (Massive cave systems)

Those are all great!
Custer State Park is pretty awesome as well.
Some folks like the town of Deadwood too!

I will, hopefully, attending BHCC in 2021.

If both events are real close, I may be able to attend both. If not, then only 1. It will be difficult to justify 2 trips out west.

Hey Pablo, with the dates given and location are you thinking about making it this year?

Oh yeah man!

Ass-uming we are somewhat back to "normal" by next summer, I should be there. We have been going to the Classic, plus a swimming race up in the Black Hills for the last few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom