Pig Names?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay a bit of a fun thread....
I've been thinking for a while about giving my pig a name, but i couldn't come up with anything that i thought was fitting. It might sound a bit silly, but i know a few people that have named their 4x4's for a bit of fun and i thought why not.
At the moment i just call it the iron pig.
I'm just after some inspiration or idea's, so what do you think?, and do you think the pig should have a male or a female name?

:cheers:
Daniel.

My wife says it is a male because it has a stick (shifter :D )

I haven't named mine either but it is common to do so.

My one friend actually named his FJ 60 a real japanese name of which I never remember but it was shortened to "Musu". She served him well until the rust gods took her to the great "parted out" cruiser spirit world ;) for some reason Musu was a she and she had a stick... maybe Musu was a hermaphprocruiser :eek:

anway, I don't have a name for my cruiser either.

If you are a guy it is good luck to name your vehicle a womans name like betty/marybeth yes even with a stick.

If you are a gal needs to be a guys name like hank/a******

Ya.. we always called them pig as a common name... "Are we taking the Pig?", "I left my stuff in the Pig." . "Did you put gas in the Pig.", "Hey did you see that guys Pig?". etc etc etc. but thats isnt the pigs name. This time I went with Japanese names that had something to do with pigs, boars.

Daniel.... when ever you drive your pig or do work on it, etc... what do you feel the gender is? How do you feel when you are driving the pig? Does it have a certain personality? When you look at it does it have a certain stance? What do others say about it? just some things to think about that might help you find its name.

My opinion is that most people name their pigs,,, not true with other TLC series.... its almost like owning a boat/ship... they are always named.

Last edited:
My kids call our SO pig "the stinky pig" but, we officially named her Guyute. Phish song about an ugly pig that danced a jig.

The name will come to you one day and fit. All vehicles with personalities have names whether the driver knows it or not.

I have always named my trucks. Just recently my pig found her name. I had just got it back from getting a V8 swap and was driving my son to school, he is 6. He said, "Wow Daddy, it growls like a tiger!!" Thus her name became Tigress.

i tend to like the non names, i started calling 75 "2 spot" for a little while after the 2 sole rust spots it had. since i've gotten the second one i refer to them simply as '75 and '76,, i like the numbers as it doesnt imply male or female. it seems simple enough but i prolly woudlnt have thought about those names if my buddy had'nt named his cat "22" (his number).

Last edited:
Have pondered this myself for a while ,
Joe S , has a 454,55 that is called Warthog.
my kids named mine the zebra for the stripes , but i thought it needed to be more piggy ,, kicked around JaValina but it didnt stick , ,,,,, officially form the guy that painted mine it was The Artic Polar Division ,,,hence the polar cammo stripes ,

fj55-100 said:
Have pondered this myself for a while ,
Joe S , has a 454,55 that is called Warthog.
my kids named mine the zebra for the stripes , but i thought it needed to be more piggy ,, kicked around JaValina but it didnt stick , ,,,,, officially form the guy that painted mine it was The Artic Polar Division ,,,hence the polar cammo stripes ,

Could always change the J to and H... HaValina

how bout:

Hildr (One of the Valkyries that was in charge of battle)

Last edited:
Babe?
Arnold?
Wilbur?

All three are famous pigs.

I knew a pig named Gretchen once.
I knew a girl who had a pot-bellied pet pig named Howie.

Those are the only pigs names I can come up with...

My trail pig came with the name 'Lucy' and it stuck. When I bought the stocker I pondered a couple different names and ended up with 'Lily'. To each their own...
My daughter, Lucy, named ours Jeffery. Don't know why. On a Death Valley trip 'jeffery' creaked and moaned with every flex, rusty springs, bent tie rod and whatnot straining away... Lucy would say, "Oh, Jeffery's thirsty" "Oh, Jeffery's got mud in his eye", and my favorite, "Jeffery need more rocks!" :)

but i still can't quite call 'her' jeffery...

nial

mines the pickle...why...because there was a plastic pickle flute thingy on the floor..it now hangs from the rear view mirror

it should earn its name.

oh, and i consider all cruisers guys...jeeps are girls.

G'day,
I'd thought about the famous pig names like babe etc. but i think they just don't suit.
Yet as you guys have said, the name will come when it's right, at the moment i can't see a gender in it while working on it, and i haven't driven it enough to really get the feel for it. but like a ship i think it is definately worthy of a name, any pig is.
i'm still a bit undecided on the gender of my pig, at the moment i think either gender would be fitting.

btw, i got a bit more rust repairs done on my left hand side front fender today (friday) and i'm going into work tommorow to hopefully finish off welding it up etc.

:cheers: *hiccup*
Daniel :D

Mine is either Elsie (LC, get it?) or Feo, spanish for ugly or short for FeO2, the chemical name for rust. Both seem to fit.

When I bought my '55, 19 years ago, I was completely unaware of the "Iron Pig" moniker.
It reminded me more of a dinosaur. Old, obsolete, slow, lumbering. With a big appetite and a brain the size of a walnut...So I named it T. Wrecks. Short for Toyotasaurus Wrecks (King of the Dinosaurs). I got a license plate with that name on it, and that's what it's been called ever since.
I used to think of it as a female, but after all the mods, and it looking so mean, evil, bad and nasty I think of it more as a male of the species. Even going so far as to hang a pair of basketballs, in a burlap bag, from the rear frame cross-member.
Sorta like a big set of testicles that swing freely as we motor down the way...

Even going so far as to hang a pair of basketballs, in a burlap bag, from the rear frame cross-member.
Sorta like a big set of testicles that swing freely as we motor down the way...[/QUOTE]

That is an awesome idea mind if I highjack it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom