Pig Names?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's not really MY idea...I saw those plastic replicas (truck-nutz?) for sale in the back of an off-road magizine. But they didn't look "to scale", so I made my own out of the biggest balls that would fit in a burlap bag. I think the texture of the burlap is an improvement over the smooth plastic of the store-bought variety as well.
If you think your rig is boarish enough to sport a hairy ball sack, you have my permission. Be prepared to get some comments.

[/QUOTE]

That is an awesome idea mind if I highjack it?[/QUOTE]

...and handy for that impromptu pickup game...

Pighead, where ya been?

n

In my toyota 1950-2001 archive book it says when they first brought them over, they referred to them as the MOOSE. Wonder when or who coined the phrase iron pig ?

zornff said:
Wonder when or who coined the phrase iron pig ?

i think that was only about '97 or so, trying to remember but maybe mark watley made the first reference. it was all wrapped up in the brotherhood of the knights of the iron pig. that was back in the old black and white e-mail type list before the good BBS like we have nowadays. mark wrote some pretty good and entertaining reads back then.

I have lots of rigs and they all have personality so I name them. All of my rigs have girl names.

My pig is named Sue even though it is reference to boy in a Cash song, Boy Named Sue. I named it when I was driving it home. I smuggled it from Phoenix AZ to eastern oregon in december with no heater, no working lights, bad voltage reg, bad points... I went up through Nevada where the roads are empty. What a trip. It was 6 degrees on the top of the last pass on the way home, when I think about it I still get cold. Jonny Cash had just died and I thought the name was fitting with some of the song lyrics and I have always liked his music.

My stealth RT/TT is named Veronica
my fj 40 is named Dixie
My fj60 was named Fiona

E

I had named my pig "LATISHA" for awile, bucase of the LARGE overhang. My wife did not like that. I guess it's not politicly correct.

Possible Names

Mine Has a Tiger on the hood so the name is:

MONTECOR

That's the White Tiger that attacked Roy of Siegfried & Roy (sp?)

but...

MOHAHN would be a good name too.
(another White Tiger)

How about:

Steel Pork
BaconStrip
Rufus
oinkota

The only thing that mine has been called is fugly.

Pighead said:
It's not really MY idea...I saw those plastic replicas (truck-nutz?) for sale in the back of an off-road magizine. But they didn't look "to scale", so I made my own out of the biggest balls that would fit in a burlap bag. I think the texture of the burlap is an improvement over the smooth plastic of the store-bought variety as well.
If you think your rig is boarish enough to sport a hairy ball sack, you have my permission. Be prepared to get some comments.

That is a picture I've got to see. Got any?

I originally named mine Yoda but was then reminded that it's gay for a guy to spend that much time w/ his hands on something named after a guy and promptly changed her name to Mrs. Yoda

nuclearlemon said:
oh, and i consider all cruisers guys...jeeps are girls.

Superior? how dare you, Ige. ;)

Members of the RMLCA suggested I name my 73 "Bobby" (squeal like a pig...)

I didn't want to have to explain the origin of that name to my grandmother so I decided to call him Professor Orville Rottingham of Kent (P.O.R.K.) or Rottingham for short.

Charla

RHINO said:
i think that was only about '97 or so, trying to remember but maybe mark watley made the first reference. it was all wrapped up in the brotherhood of the knights of the iron pig. that was back in the old black and white e-mail type list before the good BBS like we have nowadays. mark wrote some pretty good and entertaining reads back then.

Minipigg pointed out this origin thanks to Henry B.:

Why "Iron Pig"?
"Picture a long, wide mud pit... you know what I'm talking about. The kind of pit filled with stinky, black, chunky mud the consistency of a thick stew... the smell of rotting vegetation is in the air, horseflies and dragonflies buzz overhead, and an old swaybacked cow chews its cud contentedly at the edge of the water, swinging its tail slowly as the morning dew dissipates and the sun dries a thin layer of the mud, deceiving you, beckoning...
"In the middle of this long, wide mud pit, wallowing contentedly, is a rare beast. Its weight draws it deeper into the mud, but somehow it is still moving, slowly, ever so slowly... its form hints at its strength, yet it moves with a certain grace that seems impossible for its bulk... nothing about this beast is delicate, and yet it possesses a strange beauty, a sense of timeless appeal.... you feel slightly repulsed, yet strangely attracted... you can sense its feral nature, its danger, but you can tell that this beast is somehow noble, a true master of its environment...
"Is it a wild boar, or a Cape buffalo? Perhaps a scarred old African bull elephant?...
No, the noble beast that has captivated your attention and perhaps your heart is a Toyota Land Cruiser FJ55, and now you know why those who of us in the know, those of an enlightened nature, those of us who believe call it an "Iron Pig". It is a sign of respect, of admiration, a fitting tribute...
By Henry Cubillan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom