Piant a soft top ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone ever attempted to stain or color a soft top
I would like to switch from black to white, then I can paint my diamond plate yellow to match the rest I am afraid the stuff you get in a can will deteriorate in no time

I did the jump seat with the can stuff but that's different

I hate the aluminum diamond plate
done02.jpg

I vote black, too. But if you are hell bent, I'd look into Dr. Vinyl. They have paints for leather and of course....vinyl.

All yellow + black top = BZZZZZZZZ!

GL

Ed

74fj40 said:
im confused, why cant you jsut leavev the top black?

I think there is too much black and when I got this cruiser it had some really cool looking white graphics on the doors plus the hard top is white and
it looks way better than black not as flashy but I really like it
if I can have a white soft top or at least some parts I will brake up the
black.. yellow and white with stainless hardware is my ideal color scheme
I like yellow and black but not as much

Degnol said:
I vote black, too. But if you are hell bent, I'd look into Dr. Vinyl. They have paints for leather and of course....vinyl.

All yellow + black top = BZZZZZZZZ!

GL
Ed

Thanks that's it...

Last edited:
brian said:
for some reason i doubt that you can die a black top, white.

maybe you could bleach it though :D

Bleach ?? I don't know about that ;)

SizzleChest said:
just sell it and buy another white one

My budget is getting depleted :crybaby:
but yes I though about that

If I keep it black I have to paint the rockers yellow because with the soft doors on, it looks like crap well not crap but not very good

bleaching may turn it a funny color
just like bleach spots on a black shirt the base color shows Pink and purple shades are common for clothes at least

Dissclaimer i base this on the many articles of clothing i have "attempted to clean" :ban:

bonzai said:
Dissclaimer i base this on the many articles of clothing i have "attempted to clean" :ban:

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

I can't believe noone thought of this already, just use spray paint or house exterior vinyl paint. Should work wonders. No I got it, you could cut diamond plate panels to size and rivet them to the top, now that would look classy.

Sorry man, I'm no help ;p

I have a white top stored out in the shop somewhere. I would need to check the condition but if it's at least as good as yours I would be up for a swap. Want me to check and send some pics?

All I Know is I want the blask soft top. Hook a guy up with a decent price on the the black top. I will even throw in a rusted hard top with good windows. I really want a black soft top

i painted white half doors black using vinyl paint .worked great . lasted 3 yrs before a touch up . also painted a white zuki Samurai top black and it has lasted almost 5 yrs with no touch up 's
the vinyl paint sticks quite well .

pbgbottle said:
i painted white half doors black using vinyl paint .worked great . lasted 3 yrs before a touch up . also painted a white zuki Samurai top black and it has lasted almost 5 yrs with no touch up 's
the vinyl paint sticks quite well .

Is that with the rattle cans stuff ??
that sounds good I am impressed I thought it would wash off quickly

thanks

wanabecruisen said:
I have a white top stored out in the shop somewhere. I would need to check the condition but if it's at least as good as yours I would be up for a swap. Want me to check and send some pics?

That would be awsome, mine has the doors zippers that are actng up sometimes they zip sometimes they don't probably just need to tighten the zippy thing other than that I think it's in fairly decent shape no holes or rips
I stiched the rear window zipper and I think there is another smnall spot where it needs to be stiched but I can't find it so it must be kind of small
If it is in bad shaper and needs repair let me know a price I might go for it anyway if it is cheap

tanks

HawkDriver said:
I can't believe noone thought of this already, just use spray paint or house exterior vinyl paint. Should work wonders. No I got it, you could cut diamond plate panels to size and rivet them to the top, now that would look classy.

Sorry man, I'm no help ;p
That's Ok

I hate diamond plate.. aluminum, the PO used it extensively on top of the rusted sheet metal and that made it worse the aluminum will react to the steel panels and make more damage than good I have 4 coats of zero rust on top of galvanized steel quarter panels where the diamond plate is right now

And here it is finally painted all yellow.... much better
yellow3.jpg
yellow1.jpg
yellow4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom