Photos of White Knuckle rock slider install on my '99 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.foodrenegade.com
My White Knuckle rock sliders arrived in today's mail. It took me less than 30 minutes to unbox and install them. They arrived quickly and packaged well via FedEx. Installing them was actually enjoyable: they're a perfect fit with genuinely solid construction, great looking welds, and the powdercoating is top-notch. The mounting hardware is solid and zink plated to hopefully resist rust. The wheel-to-wheel spacing is just want I wanted, as is the spacing between the sliders and the rocker panel.

I've not yet driven an inch with them, but my first impressions are all really really positive!

Enjoy the pics.

20180716_153328.jpg

20180716_153339.jpg

20180716_153700.jpg

20180716_154408.jpg

20180716_154658.jpg

How much did the whole package weigh?

@dubyahard you know, I was wondering the same thing. The sliders were actually delivered to my front door, as shown in the first photo, and I only moved them one at at time. They felt pretty stout, and I am going to guess they weighed about 60 to 80lbs each.

EDIT, I just double checked, and they weigh 60lbs per side.

Last edited:
Thanks. Trying to find the lightest slider/steps. I know @LandCruiserPhil 's are the lightest "sliders" but I need something with a step for the kids.

Those look SO good. Definitely the ones I'll be getting. Two questions for you, though; which steel type did you end up going with, and which tube angle? Reason for the angle question is, they'll be used as a bit of a step for my girlfriend, and wondering which will be easier for her/other passengers.

I was wondering same thing about the different angles.

Also these look great, and I like the fact there are no holes drilled during install. I will likely order a set in the future.

Now I need to start figuring out what to do for a rear bumper.

Those look SO good. Definitely the ones I'll be getting. Two questions for you, though; which steel type did you end up going with, and which tube angle? Reason for the angle question is, they'll be used as a bit of a step for my girlfriend, and wondering which will be easier for her/other passengers.

Well, I'm thinking @Kavik's front bumper, white-knuckle sliders, and now I will check out BIOR. My rear bumper hit bottom while I was out last week, and then I dented it on a boulder. It's perfectly fine, but I think if I replace the front bumper and rockers, I might as well look into the rear bumper.

Thanks for the tip on BIOR!

I want everything to weigh as little as possible because I'm not changing the suspension or lifting it.

BIOR for me when I have the dough.

I like everything except the name on the side. Prefer something more subtle, or none at all. Prefer not to drive a rolling billboard for White Knuckle.

Well, I'm thinking @Kavik's front bumper, white-knuckle sliders, and now I will check out BIOR. My rear bumper hit bottom while I was out last week, and then I dented it on a boulder. It's perfectly fine, but I think if I replace the front bumper and rockers, I might as well look into the rear bumper.

Thanks for the tip on BIOR!

I want everything to weigh as little as possible because I'm not changing the suspension or lifting it.

I'm planning on an OME or ToughDog Heavy lift, so weight really won't be too much of a concern. My rearmost crossmember is obliterated, which is why I'm going BIOR (you cut out that crossmember to install anyway). 4x4Labs was another option but I prefer the former.

Thought about having the member replaced and going with my original choice (Slee) but honestly don't think it's worth the extra money, personally.

I have some Sliders from White Knuckle on order for my 100 Series as well. How long did it take from ordering to receiving them?

I used the strongest DOM tubing, and this is the 'standard' 20 degree angle. I like it!

@mrahc I have a BIOR front bumper on order that should be ready in a few weeks. I went with the Dobinsons rear bumper and have been incredibly happy with it. I've attended a few of the big Toyota jamborees as well as Overland Expo this year, and have had a chance to closely scrutinize many bumpers and products for our 100 series trucks. And to be totally honest, the Dobinsons is every bit as nice or better than all the other's I've seen. The swing out hinges are amazingly solid, as are their latches -- significantly better than almost all the others. I've dropped and slid and dragged mine off several ledges and it is barely scratched, with no deformity nor any movement or deflection. There are also multiple jacking points on it, which have been convenient. I would HIGHLY recommend at least considering their rear bumper.

The best part is it was less expensive (even with shipping) than the competition. In my opinion, the only real competition to the Dobinsons are a few of the hand-built 'boutique' bumper makers. I also have the 10' Dobinsons roof rack awning, use it often, and remain very impressed with its quality.

@crikeymike is a forum supporting vendor and Dobinsons sales rep. I messaged him and he hooked me up with a very good deal on my Dobinsons bumper. crikeymike

@bpe3 The decal is just a sticker, it would easily come right off. I normally immediately remove all labels too, but I like my sliders enough that I am going to leave the decal for a bit to show it off. :)

I have some Sliders from White Knuckle on order for my 100 Series as well. How long did it take from ordering to receiving them?
I placed my order (using their 10% off coupon code) on June 11th, and received the sliders on July 16th. I did contact them and asked if it was possible to have them arrive quickly -- I am leaving on a 2 week off road trip in Mexico tomorrow morning, and they were able to help me get mine a bit more quickly for my trip.

Reactions: SSG
@mrahc I have a BIOR front bumper on order that should be ready in a few weeks. I went with the Dobinsons rear bumper and have been incredibly happy with it. I've attended a few of the big Toyota jamborees as well as Overland Expo this year, and have had a chance to closely scrutinize many bumpers and products for our 100 series trucks. And to be totally honest, the Dobinsons is every bit as nice or better than all the other's I've seen. The swing out hinges are amazingly solid, as are their latches -- significantly better than almost all the others. I've dropped and slid and dragged mine off several ledges and it is barely scratched, with no deformity nor any movement or deflection. There are also multiple jacking points on it, which have been convenient. I would HIGHLY recommend at least considering their rear bumper.

The best part is it was less expensive (even with shipping) than the competition. In my opinion, the only real competition to the Dobinsons are a few of the hand-built 'boutique' bumper makers. I also have the 10' Dobinsons roof rack awning, use it often, and remain very impressed with its quality.

@crikeymike is a forum supporting vendor and Dobinsons sales rep. I messaged him and he hooked me up with a very good deal on my Dobinsons bumper. crikeymike

I'll 100% have to give them a look. I appreciate the suggestion, I have lots of options to weigh and want to buy what's best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom