Part Seldom Seen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I stumbled across one of those spare tire bumper sleeves in my box o' cruiser parts I bought. What a nice treasure trove of parts!

image.jpeg

And this windshield washer bottle top:

image.jpeg

Does anyone recognize this object I found in the tool kit of my 78 FJ40

View attachment 691476
View attachment 691476
What are the measurements of the thing? How big is the oval hole in the middle? I found a similar looking "tool" under the fuel tank of my 77 when I got it, but the tool had a handle on it-I think it had a similar hole--approx in the middle, like yours--gotta dig in the box to see If I still have it---pics if I find it--I didn't know what mine was for, nor do I know what yours is for--looking---closest thing I can find is a gear shift lever removal tool(SSTools)

Last edited:
That center hole seems too small to use to remove the shifter cane. If it has a handle on it would it be something to put on the end of the jack operating/crank rod? Seem like my Dad's 73 Datsun pickup had something like that. I know the jack itself looks to be the same as the one that came with the cruisers.

Don

I've found an alternative for the heat riser spring on 1969 - 1975 FJ40's and 55's.

The OEM part, named "Coil, heat (riser) control valve", part no.90510-06008, listed for 6903-7501, is (of course) no longer available.

However, the heat riser spring for a Willys J**p is almost an exact match, and is available on ebay for $8.00.

(OEM Toyota is the one on the right in the first picture, with the short 'tail' on the outside)

upload_2016-9-1_9-49-32.png

upload_2016-9-1_9-50-43.png

upload_2016-9-1_9-51-11.png

Looks like someone got excited about that third picture :rolleyes:

Those pieces go on either end of the rear header, above the rear amby doors. They are black foam and serve to hold the moisture against the unpainted ends of the header to insure it rusts out.

Location in red below...
View attachment 1154672

Aka, planned obsolescence.

NOS exhaust flange for F engine:
upload_2016-10-4_19-36-2.png

44 year old original behind the one I fortunately bought back in 1995.

Up until recently, that fuel line came from Mr. T in yelow zinc.

this has been on my 82 since new........i may be the same as the hood cushion. But its hard plastic not the soft rubber like the other cushion

When I search that part number, Toyota says its for Aug 80 to Oct 85 BJ40, BJ42 or FJ40 hardtop.

CUSHION, ROOF DRIP MOULDING, REAR

View attachment 727062

I haven't a clue exactly why it's needed there though.

:cheers:
View attachment 727062

Last edited:
up in the attic last night......found this little gem. (I have way more stuff stashed than I remembered)

friend of mine made me this one for the small window carb, its not from a 3D printer I can can assure you ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom