Owners post here...... (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few of the Voodoo crew

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

76 FJ45 with discs, pwr steer, 351c. Just picked it up, working out how far to go with a resto before I start next year..
20151217_162426.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I couldn't talk @mel lowe to sell me his newly acquired 45... And @ClemsonCruiser doesnt appear to be getting rid of his either... So when this 1975 LHD HJ45 came recommended by Marshall Shepherd, I couldn't pass it up. Marshall is going to have it for a while since he's backed up with other projects... But I'm looking forward to getting started on her. Fun to drive, but it makes my 40 feel like a dragster!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Congrats. Will get the old gal up and running in no time. And first order is to ditch the hubcaps. I think they need to go on my wall of shame.

Congrats. Will get the old gal up and running in no time. And first order is to ditch the hubcaps. I think they need to go on my wall of shame.
Be my guest, sir. Happy to contribute.

I just bought a 1978 fj45 or is it HJ.

It runs great but I need new side mirrors, just put 33" Mickey Thompsons on it, needs a lift. Any and all input is greatly appreciated

I just bought a 1978 fj45 or is it HJ.

It runs great but I need new side mirrors, just put 33" Mickey Thompsons on it, needs a lift. Any and all input is greatly appreciated
Pics or you don't own it! :cheers: HJ is a 6 Cylinder diesel, FJ is a 6 cylinder gasoline, and BJ is a 4 cylinder diesel. The PO of mine was convinced he had a BJ45 in spite of the 6 cylinder engine and VIN starting with the characters "HJ45". What are you planning to do with it?

It is for sure a FJ then. I want to keep it and make it my weekend driver. It only has 90k miles. Never having owned a vehicle as old as me I have a lot to learn. Any recommendations on side mirrors and a lift? Thx

Nice trucks

Hello from New Zealand.

here's my 1981 FJ45...

currently residing in the engine bay is a 3B and 4 speed (e brake on transmission).
It has I think a 70 series power steering setup, which was a nice surprise when I picked it up.
Disc brakes on the front too, but I'm yet to discover what they're from.

it's a bitsa, the plates/ papers say it did have a 2F and that it was mustard (532). only remaining bit of mustard is the windscreen panel.
everything else is beige. Whoever did the 3B conversion did a top job, you couldn't really tell it should be a petrol! It even has the diesel pre-warmer coil window on the dash (r/h side in NZ).

I rescued it from a dairy farm an hour south of Auckland. It has a fair bit of rust of course, and the last 5 years or so of driving through cowshi*t likely hasn't helped (yes, we feed the cows grass over here : ) Surprised there was one left up this way as the salt air and moist climate usually deals to them.

I'll start a build thread soon. So far I've removed the full body cage and this weekend just started with the pick up tray (flat bed) - will be getting it sandblasted and painted in the next week or so. After that is some love for the rear chassis from the tub back, the spring hangers need some work and the cross bracing at the rear is stuffed. :worms:

cheers
FJKIWI
:)

assend.jpg

1ps 70 series.jpg

1side on.jpg

dash1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom