ONSC's Cookin', Grillin', and Bacon thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some fresh family caught pike tacos topped off with some avocado and @jfz80 hot sauce!!

So simple and amazing.

0FA83DAE-776D-4C84-86BE-30158DADC037.jpeg

28FCAF35-25F5-44C4-9972-8CAACCA95562.jpeg

Yum. You need a fresh jelly. Keep meaning to try it on top of fish on the grill.

Ohhh! That would be brilliant.

Never even considered doing that with the jelly. Dang!

Waiting to see what you create with the ghost peppers. Tonights experiment. Ghost, garlic, cumin and mustard seed ferment.
View attachment 2095855

I need to chat you up about fermented sauce recipies. Thinking I want to do a smoky sauce, maybe roast the ghosts beforehand.

I need to chat you up about fermented sauce recipies. Thinking I want to do a smoky sauce, maybe roast the ghosts beforehand.

Let me know if you wanna use my smoker anytime.

Continuing the theme of "I could SOOOO fit in at Expo East this weekend with my $300 stove and $40 grill grate and $105 thermometer and blah blah blah (well, I might have been slumming with the American cheese)...", I started last night with burgers then moved on to chicken after that started to digest. Interestingly, I started some chicken in the Egg at the same time at 325-350*F indirect and both groups were done at the same time, but only one method proved to be covered in carcinogeny goodness.

IMG_7621.jpg

IMG_7632.jpg

Continuing the theme of "I could SOOOO fit in at Expo East this weekend with my $300 stove and $40 grill grate and $105 thermometer and blah blah blah (well, I might have been slumming with the American cheese)...", I started last night with burgers then moved on to chicken after that started to digest. Interestingly, I started some chicken in the Egg at the same time at 325-350*F indirect and both groups were done at the same time, but only one method proved to be covered in carcinogeny goodness.

View attachment 2106450

View attachment 2106452
You need to find some artisanal American cheese.

While not exactly cooking i bet if you poured it on raw chicken it just may sizzle.

Working with the last harvest of the season with support from @cruiser4life who sent some reapers my way since my plants went in a little too late to really get going in time.

Reapin’ mad beets yo.
Roasted reaper and beet sauce.

Ill have a pretty good assortment of this years sauces n jellies for sale at the xmas party or locally if anyone is interested.

4932612B-9424-48B9-8241-B37F530DDD7A.jpeg

Does a post depicting several steps before the cookin' / grillin' / smokin' starts qualify here?

20191102_222937.jpg

20191102_222948.jpg

Breakfast for dinner.

Had wanted to make zhug for a while but after trying the batch @GLTHFJ60 brought to logans i knew i had to. Made a great baked tater n egg topper.

89A0BF07-E26B-4A94-B11A-70AF2729B390.jpeg

¿Que es eso?

Zhug? Yemenite spicy green herb sauce.

1 cup parsley
1 cup cilantro
t salt
t black pepper
1/2t each of corriander, cumin, cardamon
4 clove garlic crushed
5 serranos chopped
5 dried chili de arbol (i used dried Thai chili)
Juice of one lemon
Toss in processor and pulse down
Add 1/2 cup olive oil and process till consistant but still coarse/chunky.

Requisite linoleum shot for ya
72274F71-4977-41DF-8396-AED517F3473F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom