ONSC's Cookin', Grillin', and Bacon thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ooh ooh! ...which will lead to a perfect name for your backyard studio shed, and the hippest local hotspot- The Pittsboro Pickle Parlor!!! Or just go all in and buy the old car dealer building across the street.

Ooh ooh! ...which will lead to a perfect name for your backyard studio shed, and the hippest local hotspot- The Pittsboro Pickle Parlor!!! Or just go all in and buy the old car dealer building across the street.

I wanted to buy the old crematorium in Pittsboro - was for sale for a long time. I would do a KC-Style BBQ there.

image.jpg

I was going to call it "Burning Man BBQ"

101940874-burning-man.1910x1000.jpg

@weejub I can already see the likely success of a big ‘ol jar of “Weejub’s Pittsboro Pickles” sitting on the counter of every gas station within 3 miles!

I think a Whiskey-infused pickle would be a good one.

I like your naming, but what about just "The Hairy Pickle?"

Eggs went in the beet / pickle juice today:

20190130_192746.jpg

Whipped this up tonight. It’s kinda my specialty. Frosted Flakes of corn paired with Walmart store brand whole milk served in a bowl with a chip knocked out of it.

7011569F-9AE4-4F9A-9BB4-1245038464E6.jpeg

Whipped this up tonight. It’s kinda my specialty. Frosted Flakes of corn paired with Walmart store brand whole milk served in a bowl with a chip knocked out of it.

View attachment 1893457

Inspired . . . but fatties don't get corn flakes:

20190130_213331.jpg

grain free, two month old granola with Food Lion whole milk and a bigger than normal spoon:

Inspired . . . but fatties don't get corn flakes:

View attachment 1893467

grain free, two month old granola with Food Lion whole milk and a bigger than normal spoon:

NICE!! But you should really try the Frosted Flakes......They’re great!!!

@AJR got me all inspired after going w/ him to the butcher shop in Saxapahaw last weekend. These are from Costco, though :)

Going to smoke these two 3" rib-eye after aging for a while - probably at least 2 weeks.

Will smoke them with pecan to ~130 internal. Then will probably cool and have them for the butter/rosemary basting before we eat at a later time . . or may just slice them and flash fry in butter and eat them, after.

Last edited:
My youngest has a birthday tomorrow and last week for reasons only a 3 year old would know he said he wanted me to make his cake. He was very specific in that he wanted a dinosaur cake. Now I’m no baker, at all. This is only the second scratch made cake I’ve ever made, the last being nine years ago so I had to get tutelage from my wife and she made the buttercream icing, but I scratch made the cake and decorated it tonight. Actually kinda enjoyed it.

93526767-91D7-4AF5-924D-D3A710EF6428.jpeg

D324D2F7-5257-4565-9CA6-96177781CD38.jpeg

A6BC61A7-8C1F-45D8-BC97-AE826EA040E9.jpeg

My youngest has a birthday tomorrow and last week for reasons only a 3 year old would know he said he wanted me to make his cake. He was very specific in that he wanted a dinosaur cake. Now I’m no baker, at all. This is only the second scratch made cake I’ve ever made, the last being nine years ago so I had to get tutelage from my wife and she made the buttercream icing, but I scratch made the cake and decorated it tonight. Actually kinda enjoyed it.

View attachment 1900607

View attachment 1900608

View attachment 1900609

That's too cute, you did a nice job. Happy birthday, little one ♥️

View attachment 1900607

View attachment 1900608

View attachment 1900609

Dude that’s awesome! Funnyy son is having his birthday tomorrow too. Hope to see you in the next episode of cake wars.

So are you taking requests on cakes?

Dude that’s awesome! Funnyy son is having his birthday tomorrow too. Hope to see you in the next episode of cake wars.

So are you taking requests on cakes?

LOL this one took me way too long!

I made this "poor man's prime rib" top loin roast for the folks last week. I'm pretty sure my dad counts this as reparations for the first 44 years of my life (or at least for the slightly less perfectly done prime rib of Xmas '16). Pic taken after a stint in the fridge prior to vac sealing the slices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom