ONSC's Cookin', Grillin', and Bacon thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well there were 4 of us so andy put on a small animal sampler platter this weekend. Sad i didnt get to try and of the johnvee butt. Er shoulder. Pig.

Beans n rice. I long time ago stumbled on yellow rice and black beans with garlic as a great and simple combo. This time i added a can of rotel, sauteed jalepeno garlic onion, and a patty’s worth of sausage and then pattied and pan fried them. Turned out great.

And some chopped pork with a fantastic Chipotle BBQ sauce from @UltraFJ40. Gracias amigo.

That looks like fun. :D Delicious.

Steaks are aging nicely. I hope to fire them up on Monday PM. Smoke them with pecan to ~ 130 internal, then pull them off and slice and flash-fry with butter and rosemary before eating.

Did two new quarts of pickled eggs.
  1. One of the left is the sour one, re-using the previous pickling stuff.
  2. The one on the right has some sweetness - - has about a half pint of the homemade berry syrup that I make off of excess fruit. Also has rosemary in it.

Have apricots ever contributed ANYTHING to the world of food other than taste like a bad peach and leave you wondering why you are licking a cow in the mouth?

The only time you hear/see anything about apricots is when you have some food snob making something stupid like "Glazed apricot sous vide veal fillet with ginger lemon carrots."

They show up on the covers of magazines like people really eat them, but I don't think they do.

Is there some great meal requiring apricots? What classic apricot dish is there? I don't know.
  • Peaches and Cream
  • Apple Pie
  • Cherries Jubilee
  • Bananas Foster
  • Raisin Bread
  • BLTs (yes Tomatoes are Fruit)
  • Orange Juice?
  • Beer with Lime
  • Lemonade
  • etc
I guess Marines are scared of Apricots. Didn't now that.

Apricot jelly tastes like crap even. How do you add 1 cup of sugar to like 5 pulped fruit and it tastes bad, still?

Even Orange Marmalade tastes better, and that isn't saying much.

F you Apricots.

Dried apricots, onion, ginger, garlic, bell pepper, turmeric, cinnamon, chicken stock, chicken thighs. Easy and delicious. Easily adaptable to go either Mediterranean or Indian. The chicken is hard to see because I made a double batch of the apricot sauce for the old man. Mmmmh, sauce.

View attachment 1882137
WTF @weejub? I guess haters gonna hate.

If you have some Apricot Brandy you will share, I am willing to delete that post . . . even if its not that good :)

Have apricots ever contributed ANYTHING to the world of food other than taste like a bad peach and leave you wondering why you are licking a cow in the mouth?

The only time you hear/see anything about apricots is when you have some food snob making something stupid like "Glazed apricot sous vide veal fillet with ginger lemon carrots."

They show up on the covers of magazines like people really eat them, but I don't think they do.

Is there some great meal requiring apricots? What classic apricot dish is there? I don't know.
  • Peaches and Cream
  • Apple Pie
  • Cherries Jubilee
  • Bananas Foster
  • Raisin Bread
  • BLTs (yes Tomatoes are Fruit)
  • Orange Juice?
  • Beer with Lime
  • Lemonade
  • etc
I guess Marines are scared of Apricots. Didn't now that.

Apricot jelly tastes like crap even. How do you add 1 cup of sugar to like 5 pulped fruit and it tastes bad, still?

Even Orange Marmalade tastes better, and that isn't saying much.

F you Apricots.

I laughed way too hard at “F you apricots “

^^ @jvalex I would pay good money to try one!

But, you got me thinking - maybe I should think of apricots as for savory things only . . .maybe I have been a fruitist here.

@S4Cruiser Good to see you here. But weren't you working in the shop all day???? Or is this why you're not done with the F engine?

Lol...posting that for a friend :p. I’m lucky to be able to work all day in the shop and come inside to such tasty dinner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom