ONSC's Cookin', Grillin', and Bacon thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lol...posting that for a friend :p. I’m lucky to be able to work all day in the shop and come inside to such tasty dinner!
Meal prep is yet another thing that cuts into my productivity. You're lucky.

I havent been in here for a month, and I swear I gained 7 lbs in the last 10 mins readin this.

Have apricots ever contributed ANYTHING to the world of food other than taste like a bad peach and leave you wondering why you are licking a cow in the mouth?

The only time you hear/see anything about apricots is when you have some food snob making something stupid like "Glazed apricot sous vide veal fillet with ginger lemon carrots."

They show up on the covers of magazines like people really eat them, but I don't think they do.

Is there some great meal requiring apricots? What classic apricot dish is there? I don't know.
  • Peaches and Cream
  • Apple Pie
  • Cherries Jubilee
  • Bananas Foster
  • Raisin Bread
  • BLTs (yes Tomatoes are Fruit)
  • Orange Juice?
  • Beer with Lime
  • Lemonade
  • etc
I guess Marines are scared of Apricots. Didn't now that.

Apricot jelly tastes like crap even. How do you add 1 cup of sugar to like 5 pulped fruit and it tastes bad, still?

Even Orange Marmalade tastes better, and that isn't saying much.

F you Apricots.
My MIL dips them in melted chocolate. They sit out on a tray and I can’t help but 1 or 5 every time I go by. Next thing the trays empty, I’ve ingested 5 lbs of dried fruit and need to blow the roof off the s***ter.

My MIL dips them in melted chocolate. They sit out on a tray and I can’t help but 1 or 5 every time I go by. Next thing the trays empty, I’ve ingested 5 lbs of dried fruit and need to blow the roof off the s***ter.

MIL and stomach troubles . . . another victim of the forbidden fruit!

LOL :)

I’ve ingested 5 lbs of dried fruit and need to blow the roof off the s***ter.
Note: one thing I don’t do is post pictures of nasty bathrooms, whether real or fake, no matter funny and appropriate the meme may be. So I’ll simply say this...google image search the phrase “one simply does not eat a bag of dried apricots”.

Note: one thing I don’t do is post pictures of nasty bathrooms, whether real or fake, no matter funny and appropriate the meme may be. So I’ll simply say this...google image search the phrase “one simply does not eat a bag of dried apricots”.

The Apricot war is upon us. The axis of evil has shown it's nature - we must strike now.
"You counted on us to be passive. You counted wrong."

Last edited:
WTF ever happened to plums?

Marines aren't scared of plums FYI.

Ribs.

Phase one: dry rub - 250 degrees - 2 hours

Phase 2 is underway. Wrapped and heavily sauced and back in at 225 for another 2-3 hours.

Few nights ago. Avocado filled with crab meat (fresh herbs, lemon) chives. Then fresh sliced mango with masago (fish eggs) and marscapone (sweet cream cheese)

‘Twas a weird random thought and combination - and it worked really well.

I actually remembered to take a picture of something.

Elk and tomatillo chilli

5 days and this’ll be the best damned corned beef you’ve ever had.
Have to work ahead of schedule this year do to work travel.

All eyes on corned beef this week. Poor plain beef briskets all half price due to some tiny green man party?

Doing what i can to help out. Ancho gravy brisket n mashed potatoes. Only up to hazmat 3.7 tonight but cough cough....Its rough.

Up the long ladder
Down a short rope.
To Hell with King Billy
And God bless the Pope!

Slainte

A2C27806-D8A1-4133-B764-D57FD66E8297.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom