ONSC Chat (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need some help from some tax savy folks.

I am considering getting out of my current business model and operating under the new name

The Church of Stan, where of course we worship the Land Cruiser, The 380SL and the LS. All donations would come from the flock for having their chariot anointed. Of course all things owned and donated monies are tax free. See any issues here?
As the grand priest of the First United Christian Knights In Tabernacle, a subsidiary branch of the First United Christian Knights Of Fearless Faith I embrace this new church.

Thank you so much, brother

IMG_3227.jpeg

I like it.

i like it too, I just wish they would have called it the Prado, which to me is still a great Toyota.

Could be worse Blazer=
IMG_2953.jpeg

I’m torn. I like some aspects of the base model with the round headlights to give it a nod to the 40 and 60 series, but the modern design throws me off a little. At the same time I understand it is a modern 2024 vehicle. I think I like it but I’m not overwhelmed… I am slightly above average “whelmed”.

Last edited:
My way of looking at this new truck is this...the 80 series stickered for around $50k when it was new. This new "Land Cruiser" stickers at around $50k almost 30 years later. The LC bar has been lowered. Speaking in Ford terms, this new "Land Cruiser" is the equivalent of the Bronco Sport in the Bronco line...smaller, less robust, cheaply made with a lower price tag and lots of planned obsolescence baked right in. Is there a place for it? Sure there is...just not in my driveway. On the other hand, the Subaru folks are going to love it.

1691089899156.png

1691091494376.png

Last edited:
Dang it. Now all I see is a Jerp Liberty. @roadstr6

My way of looking at this new truck is this...the 80 series stickered for around $50k when it was new. This new "Land Cruiser" stickers at around $50k almost 30 years later. The LC bar has been lowered. Speaking in Ford terms, this new "Land Cruiser" is the equivalent of the Bronco Sport in the Bronco line...smaller, less robust, cheaply made with a lower price tag and lots of planned obsolescence baked right in. Is there a place for it? Sure there is...just not in my driveway. On the other hand, the Subaru folks are going to love it.

View attachment 3391515
View attachment 3391533
This is exactly the comparison I gave yesterday to a guy I work with wo doesn't know sh*t about land cruisers.

i like it too, I just wish they would have called it the Prado, which to me is still a great Toyota.

Could be worse Blazer=
View attachment 3389962
Yeah but Chevy never marketed the new blazer as anything special. They marketed it as a crossover that can get you 30 plus MPG and can do a dirt road with awd for inclimate weather.

Yeah but Chevy never marketed the new blazer as anything special. They marketed it as a crossover that can get you 30 plus MPG and can do a dirt road with awd for inclimate weather.

Thats true, but the new LC* is still body on frame, decent angles, rear locker standard, I personally like the styling, and presumably it will be reliable. I guess my point is, that it could have been a whole lot worse. Prado is a great vehicle, and this is essentially a Prado.

300 would be great to have, but it would also be $100k and no one would buy them. And for most of us, it would be several years before they got used for any real real off-roading. I love the 40 i have, the 80 and 100 I had, the 200 I have. Ive liked them all, but Im not gonna dislike this, because its not what they were.

Thats true, but the new LC* is still body on frame, decent angles, rear locker standard, I personally like the styling, and presumably it will be reliable. I guess my point is, that it could have been a whole lot worse. Prado is a great vehicle, and this is essentially a Prado.

300 would be great to have, but it would also be $100k and no one would buy them. And for most of us, it would be several years before they got used for any real real off-roading. I love the 40 i have, the 80 and 100 I had, the 200 I have. Ive liked them all, but Im not gonna dislike this, because its not what they were.

No doubt it's a a light duty cruiser but a cruiser. I like it more than the FJ Cruiser but not sure I'd ever buy one. I said the same about the 200 but if I found a 200 cheap enough (good luck with that) I may snag one.
I think people may change their minds once the aftermarket catches up and sees one with armor on 35s.

from certain angles all I see is the new bronco... but that isn't a bad thing

Cars and coffee in Durham this morning. It was way bigger than I imagined it would be. But I think it not being organized is what causes the big traffic issues. Not many 4x4s but there were some cool cars there.

IMG_4178.jpeg

IMG_4174.jpeg

IMG_4176.jpeg

IMG_4185.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom