OM606.692 Turbodiesel into FJ40 (SBC Swap) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well got the adapter plate in and going to put old manifold on and add t3 flange and check to c what has changed but going to get some numbers befor I take it apart. About to go get those numbers now

Looks like with my exhaust manifold turbo starts to boost at 1800 in first and second and in therd about 1500 guess it's under more of a load going into 3rd

Hi Shaun
One thing I forgot to ask was about tires size and gearing 410 ? that will have an effect on you wow factory for power. Also as I plan for my set up Iam always thinking about fuel milage as that is at the top of the list and would sacrifice a little HP for good milage. My saying Is how much HP do you need to be happy. Stock is 135 I am sure you have 225 or more and plenty of torque to boot. That is way above stock your milage I would be interested in the figures from above, also some pics of your install. BTW what trans are you using. Best

The tire size is 35/12.5/ 17 with 4.10 gears factory. It has an nsg370 6 speed. I'm not really interested in the hp just want good drivability. Want to be able to pull small pop up without to much trouble.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Was looking for a pic of the crank adapter I used. Couldn't find it. I think I did it different from most. I used factory merc flex plate so I could keep merc starter and put flywheel behind that. Because the jeep engine was externally balanced I had to have the jeep flywheel balanced along with my hub adapter. Had my local machine shop make the crank adapter. I made the adapter plate I'm sure that's obvious it didn't look strait out of a CNc.

Sounds like you have the right gearing and tires, what is your RPM at 65 just curious these 606's like to run a bit faster rpm wise. Also is that a 648 pan I see
Makes for a lower mounted engine. Can't remember if I told you mine is going in a 65-FJ45
Not sure on the tire size yet have 35's but might down step to 33's I am looking for a more stock look and not wanting to turn 35's if not necessary.

Addressing the starter ring and adapter that is how I am going. After reading you have a 370 just curious what RPM in 6th at 65?

Addressing the starter ring and adapter that is how I am going. After reading you have a 370 just curious what RPM in 6th at 65?
When I used the merc flext plate I took the starter ring off the jeep flywheel and at 65 I want to say it's around 2100 rpm

I assume when you were at 21 you were in 6th. 606's like a little higher revs to perform. 26 and above is the sweet band and below that it may be a little sluggish. That is what is nice with the 6 speed you have plenty of options.

Ya it is hard to believe but that is the opposite of my Dodge. The sweet spot is 21-22 but at 65 in 6th is about 18. I know it breakes the rules but it is true. Also I have a TDI VW same if I bog it in 6th it lowers the mpg by about 2 mpg. On that one it comes on about 25 it is a fun car, but with the halliblu on them not sure if I am goin to be able to keep it. Yes they are made to run higher than you think. German design...

Ok, gents, ran into a problem that caught me by surprise.

All's good, except my water pump isn't pumping. Wth?

Should be dead simple. Radiator is hooked up. Full of coolant. Belt is correct, rotation of pump is correct. No liquid is moving (checked by disconnecting the radiator hoses, nothing comes out).

Pump is NOT leaking. That's the only thing that goes wrong with water pumps right?

I've googled everything i can think of, and basically i google technical issues in manifacturing for a living. I never find nothing.

I'm finding nothing, which makes me think I'm missing something really simple.

Which is what experiance is for...

So, what could possibly be wrong with my coolant pump such that it produces 0 flow?

Thanks guys in advance.

You need to burp the system there is a air bubble somewhere and it won't let the water through. Common with Mercedes. I am sure Ron will give you the fix if you don't you will cook the engine.

You need to burp the system there is a air bubble somewhere and it won't let the water through. Common with Mercedes. I am sure Ron will give you the fix if you don't you will cook the engine.
Mine did the same thing and I had to fill the engine through the top radiator hose and connect it then finish filling radiator Same thing the other guy said has air in it I thought it was strange also but mine then picked up

Any updates?

Any progress at all? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom