Older than dirt - refreshing a ‘64 FJ40 FST (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you here in the USA!

And the same good wishes to those of you in other countries!

Auction has been approved and should go live soon. Possibly later today or sometime tomorrow. Will link it here when it is public.

DSC_1940.jpg

Many thanks to Dave (@cruiserloser, Genesis 4x4) for quick shipping of some really nice product. New plexiglas for the soft doors and new rubber for the wing windows. All installed today, and man do they look good. Crystal clear now, not cloudy, scratched, etc. A really nice last addition to the rig.....

Thanks Arne. Rig looks great.

Question regarding seatbelts. What length did you order for the front?

It's gonna be hard to top that other guy's typo bid on another rig ($54,000 vs the intended $5,400) but you can give it run... :)

Thoughts?

Mostly fine. I had thought it might pull a bit more than it did, but I had set my reserve at a point I was comfortable with, and it cleared it. So good enough. Watching the final bidding was rather stressful, though.

The sale point graph for the FJ40s on their site is interesting. Looks like the prices have largely not changed over the past 4 years with most being under the $50k range.

Wrapping up the last run of rear sill stickers that I expect to make. Shipping a bunch tomorrow, only a handful left to sell. If you think you might want one, contact me soon before they are all gone.

IMG_1444.jpg

The sale is official today. Money has changed hands. Time to move on.

DSC_1890.jpg

Hopefully we see this rig’s future dealings here on Mud.

The enclosed transporter arrives later this week, the 40 will be loaded and trucked about as far from Oregon as you can go - destination Long Island.

Moving on now, locating my next project.

Still one unsold sticker left...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom